The Student Room Group

Uni Degree Options

Hello, i’m in year 12 and i currently do biology, chemistry, and psychology. When picking these a-levels i thought i’d go into dentistry, however, now it’s the end of the year and i’ve decided that i don’t want to anymore. What options do i have with these a-levels? If you also have these alevels and didn’t go into dentistry or medicine, what are you currently/planning to do as a degree?
Original post by Hsianbdmsl
Hello, i’m in year 12 and i currently do biology, chemistry, and psychology. When picking these a-levels i thought i’d go into dentistry, however, now it’s the end of the year and i’ve decided that i don’t want to anymore. What options do i have with these a-levels? If you also have these alevels and didn’t go into dentistry or medicine, what are you currently/planning to do as a degree?

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer/biology/chemistry/psychology?o=012

This gives you best matches, close matches and unexpected matches ... hope it helps
I'm doing bio and chem but I do RS instead and I'm going to do biomed. You can basically do any science related degree but you could also do something more in psychology. You should check potential courses you want to do and see the entry requirements for a level.
psychologist ? criminology ? law ?
Reply 5
oh alright, do you think it’s possible to do anything outside of science related degrees? I’m thinking more like tech, econ, etc but i don’t have maths
Original post by Spelunker
I'm doing bio and chem but I do RS instead and I'm going to do biomed. You can basically do any science related degree but you could also do something more in psychology. You should check potential courses you want to do and see the entry requirements for a level.
oh alright, do you think it’s possible to do anything outside of science related degrees? I’m thinking more like tech, econ, etc but i don’t have maths

Econ at leading universities will require A level Maths. Econ at lower universities often doesnt require A level Maths but has a GCSE requirement. If you dont meet it then you will be automatically rejected, Nottingham accept students without A level Maths but dont make offers until all others have been considered.

Subjects like Politics, Law, Sociology dont have specific Maths requirement so might be worth looking into instead of Economics.
(edited 1 year ago)
Here is a list I put together a couple of years ago so the entry requirements will need checking.

Economics without A level Maths

Aberystwyth grade 4
Aston grade 5
Bangor grade 4
East Anglia grade 5
Essex grade 5
Hull grade 4
Kent grade 5
Lancaster grade 6
Leicester grade 5
Loughborough grade 6/7
Nottingham grade 7
Queens Belfast grade A
Reading grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 7
Stirling grade 4
Srathclyde grade 6
Surrey grade 7
Sussex grade 6
Swansea grade 5
(edited 1 year ago)

Zoology?

Quick Reply

Latest