worried i will have to resit module?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've just had my uni results back for some exams/coursework and I have failed one of my unit exams. I am worried that I will have to resit or if i've failed the overall year? I have passed everything else and the exam that I failed is worth 50% of one unit, the other 50% was a lab report and I got 68. I don't know my overall grade for that module yet but I'm worried that I would have failed and will have to resit in summer before second year
Ehiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Uni of leicester student?
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's still possible you have passed the module. You should have been provided with an overall grade under 'grades' for that module. If not, because you know the individual marks and you know when percentage they weigh, use a grade calculator like this one: https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/ed...calculator.php . It will provide you with your overall grade. If you have failed then it will just be the exam you will have to retake again, which will be capped at 40%. But if you pass that you move onto the next year

- Rosie
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
It's still possible you have passed the module. You should have been provided with an overall grade under 'grades' for that module. If not, because you know the individual marks and you know when percentage they weigh, use a grade calculator like this one: https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/ed...calculator.php . It will provide you with your overall grade. If you have failed then it will just be the exam you will have to retake again, which will be capped at 40%. But if you pass that you move onto the next year

- Rosie
Hi rosie, thank you for the reply! I haven't had my final grade back yet.
So if I failed a unit exam but I passed the module would I have to resit?
Thanks again
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi rosie, thank you for the reply! I haven't had my final grade back yet.
So if I failed a unit exam but I passed the module would I have to resit?
Thanks again
I think if you failed the exam but you passed the module (due to your assignment doing so well/not failing your exam by too much) you wouldn't have to resit it. You have to pass all modules to move onto the next year, so as long as you pass the module I think you can move onto the next year without having to resit anything.

You should ask your personal tutor or academic advisor to make sure though.

Kind regards,
Rosie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads