Transferring midwifery degree

Watch this thread
k105
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm about to finish my first year of a midwifery degree. Unfortunately I've had some really bad family news and need to relocate. When I contacted the education lead for the local university there she was initially positive but then cced in others who eventually said there was no way they'd accept a transfer.

Does anyone have any experience of this or advice? I'm desperate to continue with my studies and can't believe a transfer isn't possible somehow.

TIA!
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Generally it's pretty hard to transfer between two clinical courses, like midwifery. You may need to just start again from first year - sometimes those kinds of courses are also fussy if you start a similar course elsewhere but don't complete it, although they may consider extenuating circumstances (which your family situation may qualify as). I'd recommend going back to the people you were talking to and ask if you can "transfer" to start in first year again, rather than to go into second year.

If that's not possible, and the family situation is relatively temporary, you could also speak to your current uni to see if you can interrupt your studies for a year and then return.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads