Which Inns of Court do I join?

Watch this thread
vee.cee
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically to boil it down... which Inns of the Court is the most likely to accept more candidates / the easiest to get a scholarship?

Am I also allowed to apply for more than one scholarship / join more than one in?

Thank you
Last edited by vee.cee; 1 month ago
Veni Vidi Fugi
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vee.cee)
Basically to boil it down... which Inns of the Court is the most likely to accept more candidates / the easiest to get a scholarship?

Am I also allowed to apply for more than one scholarship / join more than one in?

Thank you
One application only, as I understand it. There are some variables to consider.

First, some Inns interview all candidates. If you think there might be problems with your paper application, you might consider that relevant. (That said, I am sceptical as to whether this would actually make a difference.)

Second, the Inns calculate awards in a different way. Some use means testing more than others. That might make a difference depending on your personal finances.

As for odds, you might be able to find stats online. With all of that said, I wouldn't recommend relying on 'gaming' the system. That time would be better spent on improving your application/CV.
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You only become a member of one Inn. Being accepted by an Inn is a formality.

If you search online (and indeed on these forums) you will see various reasons why people have chosen one Inn over another. The various processes for scholarships are one of the main reasons why people choose a particular Inn, because those differ in terms of the criteria as well as the number and value of scholarships on offer. Inns can also be distinguished in other ways, such as (and I say this as someone who did the bar course outside of London) the support that the Inns give to students outside of London when it comes to qualifying sessions. There may be other reasons that have swayed others or may sway you. Generally speaking it doesn't matter from a professional perspective which one you join. There is no general advantage or disadvantage for your career.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads