A level Exam boards

Watch this thread
Kaanch
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am still unsure of which exam board I will be doing my A levels in, but is there a substantial difference between different exam boards for different subjects in A levels, specifically: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics. E.g. is there a large difference in content between AQA biology and Edexcel biology?
juicygcse
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Not really, there are a few differences (e.g. one exam board for biology does a 25 mark essay), however mostly the differences are minimal. The only other thing I can think of is that the more common exam boards (like Edexcel for maths) are likely to have slightly more resources for them online, but it isn't so much of a problem that you really need to worry about it, especially not for STEM subjects like yours
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kaanch)
I am still unsure of which exam board I will be doing my A levels in, but is there a substantial difference between different exam boards for different subjects in A levels, specifically: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics. E.g. is there a large difference in content between AQA biology and Edexcel biology?
Following the major updates to A levels in England the content of A levels from different examiners became very very similar. There is variation in how it's examined, what content is on what papers etc but no large difference in content overall certainly for Maths and Sciences. Obviously in some subjects like History, there is a wide variety of options to study and historical periods studied will vary from school to school. As always, candidates have different perceptions about which examiner is easier/harder than others but it is the job of regulatory authorities to ensure that candidates would achieve the same grade outcome regardless of the examiner that they take.
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 month ago
Kaanch
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thanks for the replies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads