How to withdraw from a course?

Watch this thread
cloudedreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have accepted a place for a postgrad course however I have come across a better opportunity. How do I withdraw from the course?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Generally you just fail to register /pay the fees and so you are then not enrolled. but you can probably just email whoever sent you the offer and ask about final deadlines to confirm.
M you may lose any deposit or application fee paid.
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cloudedreams)
I have accepted a place for a postgrad course however I have come across a better opportunity. How do I withdraw from the course?
Hi cloudedreams,

The best thing to do would be to email the admissions department of the university to advise them that you no longer wish to take up the offer of a place on the course and wish to withdraw from the programme.

As Catherine1973 has said, if you've already paid a deposit or fees, it's possible you might lose some or all of these but it's best to check with admissions and with any paperwork you signed upon acceptance of the place. In my experience, however, the majority of fees don't become payable until you actually commence your course.

Amy Louise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (157)
40.89%
They're exactly what I expected (96)