Turn on thread page Beta

Do you consider kissing as cheating?? watch

• View Poll Results: Do You Consider A Kiss To Be Cheating?
    Yes I think any kind of intimate act is cheating.
    86.65%
    No I think kissing is okay as long as it didn't mean anything.
    8.67%
    I think open relationships are the way forward.
    2.11%
    I don't care for relationships or your post. lol.
    2.58%

ReputationRep:
    Definately.
    It is very mild, but still a sexual act.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykinskt)
    I was just curious if other people consider kissing as cheating. I personally don't if the kiss didn't mean anything.. What do you guys think?
    Yes - kissing is cheating!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is cheating

ReputationRep:
    I kiss most of my friends (on the lips) to say hello, goodbye, etc.. There is absolutely nothing sexual in it, its like kissing a family member! My bf has never told me it bothers him particularly, although he has had a go at me for flirting a couple of times (also with friends). I didn't even realise I was doing it!

I think kissing is cheating if its done in a certain way - if I snogged someone and kept it a secret or felt like I had to confess then I would consider that to be cheating. I don't think pecks on the lips between friends counts. But that is just me

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Kissing is cheating. It's silly trying to hide behind excuses such as alcohol. It shows your real intentions sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely.

ReputationRep:
    generally yes of course, but then it would always depend on the situation;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devils_nose)
    I kiss most of my friends (on the lips) to say hello, goodbye, etc.. There is absolutely nothing sexual in it, its like kissing a family member! My bf has never told me it bothers him particularly, although he has had a go at me for flirting a couple of times (also with friends). I didn't even realise I was doing it!

I think kissing is cheating if its done in a certain way - if I snogged someone and kept it a secret or felt like I had to confess then I would consider that to be cheating. I don't think pecks on the lips between friends counts. But that is just me
    I wouldn't kiss family on the lips, kissing friends as a greeting is a blatant way of spreading cold sores.

I'd consider it cheating if tounges were used, would forgive and forget though IF:

She told me about it in person
    She 'seemed' truly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I find kissing people who you're not going out with kind of odd.
    I kiss my bezzie's on the cheek or top of the head sometimes (I'm tall haha)...
    but no, generally on the lips... that's odd!

ReputationRep:
    hell yeah
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    yes kissing is cheating. If my husband kissed somebody else I'd string him up by his balls from the ceiling and beat him with the tail of a dead yak.

edit : unless it's a family kiss obviously

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is but I could forgive her pretty easily as long as she didn't really like him. I would probably shrug it off.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because you are actually doing something with another member of the opposite sex. Unless it's a family member, I would class it as cheating.

ReputationRep:
    I would class it as cheating, but i'm not sure i would break up with someone over it.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the situation. If you're doing it behind someone's back, it's obviously cheating. If they say they're okay with it then it isn't.

I voted yes though.

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind a girlfriend kissing another girl

That's not as bad as being intimate with another guy in my opinion. By intimate I mean stuff like holding each other in a really coupley way... not in a friend way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I do think that it is...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykinskt)
    I was just curious if other people consider kissing as cheating. I personally don't if the kiss didn't mean anything.. What do you guys think?

If the kiss meant nothing then it wouldn't happen.
    Ergo, cheating.

Plus do you want to kiss your girl/boyfriend when another guy/girl has shoved their tongue in their mouth?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.