Handhar Junino
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will be starting a full time BSc (Hons) Computer Science in September. i recently applied as a family member of a uk national but i have been rejected reason being that my course is not eligible for student finance, why is that as this is my first degree?
Last edited by Handhar Junino; 1 month ago
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Handhar Junino)
I will be starting a full time BSc (Hons) Computer Science in September. i recently applied as a family member of a uk national but i have been rejected reason being that my course is not eligible for student finance, why is that as this is my first degree?
Hi Handhar,

What is the name of the university offering this course? Is this a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme
Handhar Junino
Rep:
Yes it is a full-time course at university of Portsmouth
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes it is a full-time course at university of Portsmouth
Okay, this course is showing as eligible on our system, so we'll need to access your account in order to check this.

You can send us a live chat (from 9:00am to 5:30pm) or secure message (from 10:00am to 3:30pm) on your account, or you can call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Handhar Junino
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Okay, this course is showing as eligible on our system, so we'll need to access your account in order to check this.

You can send us a live chat (from 9:00am to 5:30pm) or secure message (from 10:00am to 3:30pm) on your account, or you can call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
but I can't find the live chat or the secure message when I log into my account
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
but I can't find the live chat or the secure message when I log into my account
You need to message via the times mentioned above, or the option will not show.

Thanks, Erin
Handhar Junino
Rep:
Yes I did and still can't see the options
SFE Clare
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes I did and still can't see the options
Hi there,

In that case, you will need to call us.

0300 100 0607

Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm, from 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday 9:00am to 4.00pm

Thanks, Clare
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads