Uni and course for Investment banking or asset management

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have offers for Bsc Biology at Bristol, Bsc Chemistry at Leeds and Manchester and I'm currently at Warwick but not sure if I'll continue due to personal circumstances
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have offers for Bsc Biology at Bristol, Bsc Chemistry at Leeds and Manchester and I'm currently at Warwick but not sure if I'll continue due to personal circumstances
Between the first 3, Bristol and it's not close. Probably switch from biology to something like chemistry or engineering if possible though, it's not the most competitive discipline unless you wanna do healthcare M&A. Personally, I'd try and stay at Warwick if you can stomach it and leave with a 2:1 or better. Bonafide target for every finance role.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I tried to switch the course at Bristol to Biochem or Chemistry but it wasn't possible which is why I'm considering taking one of the other 2 offers. Perhaps a course change at Warwick will be possible but right now I'm not 100% with investment banking I'm leaning more towards asset management due to the hours especially after speaking to people in networking events

Between the first 3, Bristol and it's not close. Probably switch from biology to something like chemistry or engineering if possible though, it's not the most competitive discipline unless you wanna do healthcare M&A. Personally, I'd try and stay at Warwick if you can stomach it and leave with a 2:1 or better. Bonafide target for every finance role.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I tried to switch the course at Bristol to Biochem or Chemistry but it wasn't possible which is why I'm considering taking one of the other 2 offers. Perhaps a course change at Warwick will be possible but right now I'm not 100% with investment banking I'm leaning more towards asset management due to the hours especially after speaking to people in networking events
Bonafide target for every finance role (AM is finance). Look, I didn't go to Warwick (came from another target) but it's hot on the street. You can't go wrong with a piece of paper from there in the city. Especially in econ/stem. Every semi-intelligent person I know there has a decent finance role.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
hey, I don't entirely understand the question but I'm assuming you want to pursue IB but aren't sure your current course will cut it? If that's the case, Warwick is definitely where u want to be to pursue a finance role. As the previous comment mentioned Warwick is one of the main targets for banks to pick from for spring weeks and other internship opportunities. I think the numbers selected from Warwick rival LSE and are superior even to Oxbridge candidates. Obviously the business school is so highly regarded and the other unis you mentioned don't have anything that competes. the network of societies that can propel you to the industry is pretty good and I doubt the other unis can match that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads