Scared of Alevels

Watch this thread
Liquid Bounce
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
After GCSE exams, I started feeling kind of scared by how Year 12/13 students speak about A levels and the difficulty.
I am really scared I won't be able to cope with the workload.
I wonder if I picked too many essay subjects or if maybe since my subjects are similar it will be to my advantage.

I chose:
History (Is it a problem that I didn't do it for GCSE)
Politics
Economics
Spanish (Spanish is my mother tongue so I don't think it will be as difficult)

I know A-levels are difficult and I am willing to put in a lot of effort. Just want to hear your personal experiences on these subjects.

How difficult are these subjects?
What is the workload like for each of these subjects?

I want to hear your personal experiences
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Liquid Bounce; 1 month ago
izzy4509x
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm currently at the end of Year 12 I do 3 essay subjects (sociology, psychology and english language) and my main takeaway from doing A Levels is that the main difference from GCSE is the workload and the independent study. Just classwork isnt enough anymore at A Level. For example, history is very interesting but from the people I know that have done it there is a LOT to remember and the essays are hard, BUT if you really enjoy it and are good at essays then you wont struggle so much (people say similar things about sociology yet i love the subject a lot so I find it much easier). I dont do politics but Im planning on it for uni its so interesting.

My main tip would be to make sure to pick subjects you enjoy because you will be much more likely to do better and enjoy yourself Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads