Graduation - what to wear?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so I'm due to graduate in a few weeks, I have the robes and hat booked. I'm feeling unsure about what to wear under the robes as the guidelines just say "formal dress". How formal/fancy is enough? Can I wear a summer dress that's not a full-on gown?

Any help would be appreciated
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just to quickly add the dress I have in mind is dark coloured with no sleeves
Something Peach
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just to quickly add the dress I have in mind is dark coloured with no sleeves
That sounds fine! Your outfit will be mostly covered by the gown so it doesn't matter too much
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Many congrats :king1: Definitely doesn't need to be a full-length/full-on gown! :nah: My main advice is to colour coordinate with the gown/hood if you're picky about that kinda stuff, and to wear comfy shoes! :yep:
Warwick PG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so I'm due to graduate in a few weeks, I have the robes and hat booked. I'm feeling unsure about what to wear under the robes as the guidelines just say "formal dress". How formal/fancy is enough? Can I wear a summer dress that's not a full-on gown?

Any help would be appreciated
Hi,

I'm basically reiterating the other replies but dresses-wise, there's a huge range that you can wear. I had my graduation on Tuesday and wore a mini dress, there were lots of others also in mini dresses, but also midi and maxi dresses. You can basically wear whatever you want to, the robes also aren't pinned to your dress so wearing straps isn't an issue either.

Enjoy your graduation!

Davina
MSc Comp Sci
BSc Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads