not sure about if I am competitive enough for E&M in Oxford...

Watch this thread
Amber Ga0
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am an international student who is planning to apply for E&M in Oxford this year and I just finished my CIE AS exam. I estimated that I can get A star in Maths, Physics and Economics respectively, but the problem is that I may get A in Further Mathematics and English as a First Language, which means my predicted grades are likely to be 3A stars and 2A. Could anyone help me assess that if this predicted grade is competitive to apply for this popular major in Oxford, I am losing confidence right now as I think I messed up my Further Mathematics...
aaq1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes.

Remember other factors - TSA, personal statement, teacher reference, GCSEs, AS grades (if you have those), interview (if you get shortlisted).
Amber Ga0
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by aaq1)
Yes.

Remember other factors - TSA, personal statement, teacher reference, GCSEs, AS grades (if you have those), interview (if you get shortlisted).
Hi! Thank you for your reply and encouragement! I am preparing really hard for TSA right now.
Mimi2023
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My son is also international, feeling the same. Not sure to apply or not. 11 GCSEs six 9s, five 8s (One 9 and one 8 achieved in Year 9 before pandemic). Doing 4+1 A-level, Math, History, Eco, Latin, Turkish. FM was not offered in his school. Predicted four A*s, Turkish is already given, result will come out in August. TSA part1 past paper 38 correct, 12 wrong for now, not sure if he can improve further, may be 2-3 more?? Will start writing PS as soon as finishes reading list.
Last edited by Mimi2023; 1 month ago
ploy118
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
<a href=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads