Difference between January & September Intakes

Watch this thread
saurabh.j
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a prospective internation student. I'm planning to come to the UK for my Master's in Data Science. I missed the September intake deadlines so now I'm considering applying to the January intake. Is there any difference between the two? Should I go ahead with January or wait for September 2023? It would be great if you could list down some major Pros & Cons of both the intakes.
Last edited by saurabh.j; 1 month ago
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You've posted this in nursing & midwifery.

IMO and based on what I've seen on undergrad, January starting is less good.

The major intake is September so you'll be the 'new idiot' who doesn't know where everything is amongst a group of students who've already worked that all out.
Staff and other students will be getting serious and ready to crunch while you're still trying to settle in
Potentially you'll be doing modules out of sequence which could be a problem if knowledge from September modules is assumed.

I think it's more of a benefit to the uni which gets to fill up places left by September dropouts
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saurabh.j)
I'm a prospective internation student. I'm planning to come to the UK for my Master's in Data Science. I missed the September intake deadlines so now I'm considering applying to the January intake. Is there any difference between the two? Should I go ahead with January or wait for September 2023? It would be great if you could list down some major Pros & Cons of both the intakes.
Only thing is that you'll either qualify in the summer months or in the winter months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads