Difference between January and September Intakes

Watch this thread
saurabh.j
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a prospective internation student. I'm planning to come to the UK for my Master's in Data Science. I missed the September 2022 intake deadlines so now I'm considering applying to the January 2023 intake. Is there any difference between the two? Should I go ahead with January or wait for September 2023? It would be great if you could list down some major Pros & Cons of both the intakes.
Last edited by saurabh.j; 1 month ago
EdgeHillStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saurabh.j)
I'm a prospective internation student. I'm planning to come to the UK for my Master's in Data Science. I missed the September 2022 intake deadlines so now I'm considering applying to the January 2023 intake. Is there any difference between the two? Should I go ahead with January or wait for September 2023? It would be great if you could list down some major Pros & Cons of both the intakes.
HI saurabh.j

I think it may depend on which course and university you are at, but I know for the course we offer at Edge Hill, the only difference between September intakes and January intakes is the start dates. You will do the same course and content, have the same amount of lecturers and contact hours. With September you will do the standard term, and likely, depending on your course, have finished your degree by May. For January intakes you will obviously start in January and your course will run throughout the summer.

I hope this helps, best of luck

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies (History and English Literature)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads