Personal statement help

Watch this thread
Aryan500
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone, I’m submitting my UCAS application today but my personal statement has 570 extra characters than what’s required. Could someone help me out and help reduce the count, I don’t want to discard anything that might be important. Any help will be appreciated
Diac
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Ask someone to proofread it and try to think through each thing you wrote and discard the things you think is not as important, in other words, rank them
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aryan500)
Hey everyone, I’m submitting my UCAS application today but my personal statement has 570 extra characters than what’s required. Could someone help me out and help reduce the count, I don’t want to discard anything that might be important. Any help will be appreciated
Hi there,

I hope you're well

I know it's a bit of a tedious thing to do, but maybe go through each sentence and see if there's any value to what you've wrote. If it doesn't add anything to your character, skills, or passion for the subject - then it may be worth having the chop! I had this problem when I was writing my personal statement so I know exactly how it feels, it can be so frustrating! But, being a bit brutal and chopping full sentences out may be your best bet. Alternatively, have a look at synonyms for words and see if you can find words that are shorter, but this is quite a long process!

Best of luck to you,
Ana - UoL Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (73)
67.59%
In the post (5)
4.63%
Text (15)
13.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
13.89%

Watched Threads