The Student Room Group

Don’t want to leave boyfriend

I’ve been quite ill lately (mental health) to the point that my parents have said I can stay off school until September if I need to, and if I’m still not well, they’re going to pull me out of year 11 altogether, homeschool me, and send me to college for Maths and English with an apprenticeship.

At the moment, if I leave school, I won’t be able to talk to my boyfriend anymore. My parents are very strict and would be pretty annoyed if they knew about him, to say the least. He’s the best thing that ever happened to me and I want to stay with him, but I don’t know how to work around this.

I’m going to try to stay in school until year 13, because that’s what I’ve always wanted to do, and it’s what would allow me to stay with my bf, but I’m not sure. I know I need a backup plan if something goes wrong and I have to leave school, I just don’t have any ideas.

Can anyone help with this?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been quite ill lately (mental health) to the point that my parents have said I can stay off school until September if I need to, and if I’m still not well, they’re going to pull me out of year 11 altogether, homeschool me, and send me to college for Maths and English with an apprenticeship.

At the moment, if I leave school, I won’t be able to talk to my boyfriend anymore. My parents are very strict and would be pretty annoyed if they knew about him, to say the least. He’s the best thing that ever happened to me and I want to stay with him, but I don’t know how to work around this.

I’m going to try to stay in school until year 13, because that’s what I’ve always wanted to do, and it’s what would allow me to stay with my bf, but I’m not sure. I know I need a backup plan if something goes wrong and I have to leave school, I just don’t have any ideas.

Can anyone help with this?

Sorry to hear about your mental health. It is a struggle and i hope it gets better soon :console: In year 13, your boyfriend shouldn't be the first priority. First it's your mental health, then your exams and uni stuff. Then your bf. Surely you have a phone so text him or use a discord groupchat and tell your parents you're revising.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Sorry to hear about your mental health. It is a struggle and i hope it gets better soon :console: In year 13, your boyfriend shouldn't be the first priority. First it's your mental health, then your exams and uni stuff. Then your bf. Surely you have a phone so text him or use a discord groupchat and tell your parents you're revising.

He’s not my priority (I wish he was but I know he can’t be) but he’s been a huge help with my mental health by just being there to talk to, and I’d hate to lose that - he’s one of the only people I trust completely and I’ve found that having him around has made things a lot easier to cope with. I do have a phone but I have no internet access unless my parents can see what I’m doing :frown: he doesn’t have WhatsApp and I don’t have Discord so we’re finding it a little difficult to coordinate. I am going to try to stay in touch with him on a platform that we can both use, I’m just unsure how well that will work because of my parents watching my every move :s-smilie:
Thank you :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
He’s not my priority (I wish he was but I know he can’t be) but he’s been a huge help with my mental health by just being there to talk to, and I’d hate to lose that - he’s one of the only people I trust completely and I’ve found that having him around has made things a lot easier to cope with. I do have a phone but I have no internet access unless my parents can see what I’m doing :frown: he doesn’t have WhatsApp and I don’t have Discord so we’re finding it a little difficult to coordinate. I am going to try to stay in touch with him on a platform that we can both use, I’m just unsure how well that will work because of my parents watching my every move :s-smilie:
Thank you :hugs:

You can use TSR to PM him. Awww I know how you feel, but if you can leave your house without your parents, maybe ask him to meet at a park or somewhere.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
You can use TSR to PM him. Awww I know how you feel, but if you can leave your house without your parents, maybe ask him to meet at a park or somewhere.

I guess I can try. Thank you

Quick Reply