Payback of Student Loans UK

Watch this thread
bobdilyon
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,I finished my studies in 2012 and started working in 2013 and paid back 2-3 installments of my student loan back then. I then moved abroad and started studying and plan to start working again this year in 2022. 10 years after I paid the first installments of my loan. I know that the student loan gets written off after 30 years. Will that be 30 years after my first payment in 2013 or 30 years after my payment of the loan this year ??
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bobdilyon)
Hi,I finished my studies in 2012 and started working in 2013 and paid back 2-3 installments of my student loan back then. I then moved abroad and started studying and plan to start working again this year in 2022. 10 years after I paid the first installments of my loan. I know that the student loan gets written off after 30 years. Will that be 30 years after my first payment in 2013 or 30 years after my payment of the loan this year ??
Hi there,

We'd recommend messaging the Repayments team directly: they'll be able to help you.

If you prefer to communicate to them via chat then you can message them on Twitter https://twitter.com/messages/compose...35849916719104 or Facebook http://m.me/SLCRepayment - alternatively they are also available on the phone, their number is 0300 100 0611.

Thanks, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads