How to avoid awkward encounter with my ex

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my girlfriend and my best mate and his girlfriend are going away next weekend for an event in Newcastle, however I have since found out from a mutual friend that my ex and her parents are staying in the same hotel as us. I will admit we didn't end on the best of terms. When I ended things I was going through a very tough period in my life and told her I didn't feel like I was being supported so she told me to go f**k myself and walked off. I haven't actually spoken to her since that day almost 2 years ago but there have been occasions when I have seen her parents around, especially her dad who did nothing but glare at me the last time I saw him which was only a few months ago.

So basically if I do see them or bump into them next weekend what should I do to avoid an awkward encounter? They are all very confrontational whereas I am not unless really pushed.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my girlfriend and my best mate and his girlfriend are going away next weekend for an event in Newcastle, however I have since found out from a mutual friend that my ex and her parents are staying in the same hotel as us. I will admit we didn't end on the best of terms. When I ended things I was going through a very tough period in my life and told her I didn't feel like I was being supported so she told me to go f**k myself and walked off. I haven't actually spoken to her since that day almost 2 years ago but there have been occasions when I have seen her parents around, especially her dad who did nothing but glare at me the last time I saw him which was only a few months ago.

So basically if I do see them or bump into them next weekend what should I do to avoid an awkward encounter? They are all very confrontational whereas I am not unless really pushed.
You should keep things in the past and be friendly towards them. If you see your ex alone, walk up to her, smile and have a polite conversation. Apologise that you were in a bad place the last time and wanted you guys to move on from it. If she is still upset, you should wish her well and say bye to her.

If you see her with her family, walk up to say hello. If they ignore you, smile and wish them well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (33)
32.67%
They're exactly what I expected (27)
26.73%