mom taking always my sisters side

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My mum is obsessed with my elder sister like she always takes her side to the point that she makes the other person bad in front of others even when its clearly my sisters mistake. She always tries to hide her wrongdoings in front of relatives etc and put the blame on others. This really makes me upset as I just complaint my mom about my sister bullying me and now my mom has become my enemy too. Should I be worried about this? or just think that its her nature and that she does with everyone so just let it be?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
???
(Original post by Anonymous)
My mum is obsessed with my elder sister like she always takes her side to the point that she makes the other person bad in front of others even when its clearly my sisters mistake. She always tries to hide her wrongdoings in front of relatives etc and put the blame on others. This really makes me upset as I just complaint my mom about my sister bullying me and now my mom has become my enemy too. Should I be worried about this? or just think that its her nature and that she does with everyone so just let it be?
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like your sister is your mother's favourite and always has been.
Favouritism is a parental habit that generally goes too far, leading to an unhealthy parenting dynamic that very few of the parents deeply into it are willing to ever give up.

There is no point complaining or trying to get your mother to stop the obvious favouritism.
She won't and is very likely to get angry with you.
Or accuse you of being a liar/jealous/hating your amazing sister for no reason.

Best to focus on all the positives in your life, do all the things that you most enjoy and work towards building the happy future life that you want.
One day you will be independent and free.
Far away from your mother, her favouritism and your sister.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (30)
17.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (44)
26.19%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
50.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.36%

Watched Threads