Transfer uni

Watch this thread
oohoney
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it too late to transfer uni now? Considering the deadline for UCAS applications is tomoz lol. And if I apply like late, will I be automatically put into UCAS extra/clearing...
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The deadline for equal consideration was January 26th, so you would already be applying late - in which case it's normally advised you contact the uni beforehand to see if they would consider your late application in the first place.

Most likely any courses still available now will be going into clearing so it doesn't really matter if you apply now or just go through clearing honestly. You still need to pay the same fee and realistically it'll be the same courses available.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
UCAS was open until today, so you will not be able to apply for courses now except through clearing. Clearing will open on 5th July 2022 via UCAS.

I think for transfers it may be different though. Email the admissions team of the university you want to apply to, with your full name, student/UCAS ID, date of birth, what you are accepted for now, and what you want to change it to and why. They may also require you to write a new personal statement, but I believe you can do this directly via email instead of having to go through UCAS. Perhaps ring the admissions team first and ask them if you can do it this way.

I hope this helps and that you are provided with a smooth transfer

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 1 month ago
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
UCAS was open until today, so you will not be able to apply for courses now except through clearing. Clearing will open on 5th July 2022 via UCAS.

I think for transfers it may be different though. Email the admissions team of the university you want to apply to, with your full name, student/UCAS ID, date of birth, what you are accepted for now, and what you want to change it to and why. They may also require you to write a new personal statement, but I believe you can do this directly via email instead of having to go through UCAS. Perhaps ring the admissions team first and ask them if you can do it this way.

I hope this helps and that you are provided with a smooth transfer

- Rosie
Please stop advising applicants that transfer applications can be handled by email without a formal application. This isn’t true and at this time of year it is wasting valuable time.

OP - if you want to do this then you’ll need a ucas application so get that completed asap and then RING universities you’re interested in to find out what information they need from you to consider your transfer application in clearing.

Transfer applications are COMPLEX and take time to consider so don’t delay things. Get your ucas application submitted this weekend.
hallamstudents
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Please stop advising applicants that transfer applications can be handled by email without a formal application. This isn’t true and at this time of year it is wasting valuable time.

OP - if you want to do this then you’ll need a ucas application so get that completed asap and then RING universities you’re interested in to find out what information they need from you to consider your transfer application in clearing.

Transfer applications are COMPLEX and take time to consider so don’t delay things. Get your ucas application submitted this weekend.
i meant that they will still need to make a UCAS application, but with transferring you can do this via email instead of through the normal clearing process. I work in the enquiries team and know that you can do it this way. Of course ringing is good to check what they want and if they are currently accepting transfers, but if they are they will ask the applicant to email them the relevant information, and in my post I told them to ring first.

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 1 month ago
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i meant that they will still need to make a UCAS application, but with transferring you can do this via email instead of through the normal clearing process.
What do you mean 'by email' .....?
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i meant that they will still need to make a UCAS application, but with transferring you can do this via email instead of through the normal clearing process. I work in the enquiries team and know that you can do it this way. Of course ringing is good to check what they want and if they are currently accepting transfers, but if they are they will ask the applicant to email them the relevant information, and in my post I told them to ring first.

- Rosie
Even after emailing an applicant would need to submit a ucas application eventually to have their application formally considered and offers made.

Especially for transfers there’s no point in delaying getting a ucas application submitted while waiting for email enquiries or “offers in principle” to be finalised. There’s very little time left to go through the formal APEL/RPEL process - getting things started with a ucas application asap should be the priority for anyone wanting to transfer at this stage of the admissions cycle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
30.43%
Take a gap year (11)
23.91%
Resit my exams (8)
17.39%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.04%
I don't know yet (4)
8.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads