Advice on what COMP SCI degree

Watch this thread
EllieJ07
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I’m currently in 5th year at high school and am hoping to attend university for computer science. I seem to have noticed that most unis have 2 degree options under comp sci, a bachelor of science and a bachelor of engineering. The courses seem exactly the same from what i’ve read. I don’t know if this is the same for other degrees but i’m wondering if one is “better” than the other, or even if it makes a difference lmao? I would like to go into software engineering!
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EllieJ07)
Hi! I’m currently in 5th year at high school and am hoping to attend university for computer science. I seem to have noticed that most unis have 2 degree options under comp sci, a bachelor of science and a bachelor of engineering. The courses seem exactly the same from what i’ve read. I don’t know if this is the same for other degrees but i’m wondering if one is “better” than the other, or even if it makes a difference lmao? I would like to go into software engineering!
Doesn't matter. You can go into software engineering with either. It does not impact employability.

You need to look more closely at the degree programmes but sometimes the BEng will have certain compulsory course(s) which the BSc doesn't have.
chocolate13
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi I have not studied computer science before in GCSE or A level but I am thinking of applying to an undergraduate computer science degree. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any online courses I can do that will give me a realistic insight of what a computer science degree is really like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (128)
40%
They're exactly what I expected (79)
24.69%