x Turn on thread page Beta

Backpacking Europe Summer '09 watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone????

ReputationRep:
    am considering it, just looking at finances..would rather interrail though

ReputationRep:
    yeap!
    greece im rekkoning (but no backpacking)

ReputationRep:
    I'll be travelling at some point soon. Who knows where, who with, or why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    am considering it, just looking at finances..would rather interrail though
    Interrailing is just a form of backpacking though?

ReputationRep:
    Probably will be doing at some point, yes.

ReputationRep:
    My friend proposed an incredibly interesting (if near-impossible) proposal, to cycle from London to Morocco, via France and Spain. Would be the best thing in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm determined that I'll go interrailing next summer. I had planned to go this year but never did because of money etcI was also worried about going on my own.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I may go on a road trip round either Ireland or France in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about going inter-railing for a month with a good friend of mine, fingers crossed all goes to plan

ReputationRep:
    I want to do this. Need to actually start planning first though, ha.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really wanting to go Interrailing this summer. I'm hoping I'll have enough spare cash to pay for it all but looks like I'll be going alone.. and still have to decide where I'd actually want to go as "everywhere" doesn't really help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titaniyum)
    I'm really wanting to go Interrailing this summer. I'm hoping I'll have enough spare cash to pay for it all but looks like I'll be going alone.. and still have to decide where I'd actually want to go as "everywhere" doesn't really help!
    I'm exactly the same, I think I'll concentrate on western europe this time around, the major cities like Paris, Berlin, Rome etc. I am also probably going alone, as none of my friends are available/have money or whatever, but I've heard it's really easy to meet other people in hostels and whatnot I need to get another job to help pay for it soon tho!

ReputationRep:
    Already been interrailing. Came back 4 months ago. I will be going travelling again this summer, no question. Where I have no idea; the trans-siberian looks quite appealing. Otherwise finland, baltic states and northern Europe.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've changed my mind and now want to go inter railing around Switzerland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy_Holidays)
    I've changed my mind and now want to go inter railing around Switzerland
    why switzerland

ReputationRep:
    Took my best friend, a tent and my car to France for a month this summer
    we just went round the edge and stopped where and when we wanted. It was fantastic!
    Youth Hostels are great though, met loads of random people lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicky507)
    Took my best friend, a tent and my car to France for a month this summer
    we just went round the edge and stopped where and when we wanted. It was fantastic!
    Youth Hostels are great though, met loads of random people lol :P
    They are. One of the best moments of my trip took pplace in Youth Hostels, having a discussion about religious philosophy at 1 in the morning with an american and a brit in Balestrand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    They are. One of the best moments of my trip took pplace in Youth Hostels, having a discussion about religious philosophy at 1 in the morning with an american and a brit in Balestrand.
    yeh
    we met an italian man, who made us pasta for tea! (it was very exciting at the time lol) and an egyptian guy, we chatted in a mix of french, german and english, and were arguing about the origins of cheddar cheese at 2am

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends are hoping to do something similiar to this around europe next summer. Much smaller in scale obviously;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

(For charity)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.