BSc Adult Nursing (Blended)

Watch this thread
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have completed a degree in BSc Human Biology and I am looking to study Adult Nursing BSc (Blended learning) at Huddersfield University.

I believe that if you are studying an allied health professional course, that you can receive undergraduate funding regardless of whether you have studied an undergraduate degree before, but I just wanted to check this is the case with this course too as it is blended learning.

Furthermore I spoke to Huddersfield and they said I would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan even with it being blended learning, but I just wanted to check that this is the case with yourselves.

Thank you
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by clucky_chick)
Hi,

I have completed a degree in BSc Human Biology and I am looking to study Adult Nursing BSc (Blended learning) at Huddersfield University.

I believe that if you are studying an allied health professional course, that you can receive undergraduate funding regardless of whether you have studied an undergraduate degree before, but I just wanted to check this is the case with this course too as it is blended learning.

Furthermore I spoke to Huddersfield and they said I would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan even with it being blended learning, but I just wanted to check that this is the case with yourselves.

Thank you
Hi there,

Can you please confirm when this course will begin? Is this classed as a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme
clucky_chick
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Can you please confirm when this course will begin? Is this classed as a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme
Hi Graham,

This would most likely be for September 2023. It is a full time course. Partly online, 20 days on campus and then placements at an NHS trust local to myself.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Graham,

This would most likely be for September 2023. It is a full time course. Partly online, 20 days on campus and then placements at an NHS trust local to myself.
Hi there,

If you are looking to study a Nursing course, then yes you will be able to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
clucky_chick
Rep:
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

If you are looking to study a Nursing course, then yes you will be able to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
Hi Erin,

Is this still the case even though it’s “blended learning” with mostly online learning but some in class learning and placements?

Also, if I did my undergraduate nursing and finished my undergraduate Biology course and then decided I wanted to do medicine undergraduate, would I get funding for the maintenance loan?

For example:

I study:

1) BSc Human Biology (Full Time: 2019-2022)
2) BSc Adult Nursing (Full Time: 2022-2025)
Which is funded fully by student finance.

3) Undergraduate MBBS Medicine (2025-2030)
Year 1-4 Self Funded Tuition Fees
Year 5 NHS funded tuition and maintenance.

Would I be eligible for a undergraduate maintenance loan for the MBBS if I had studied 2x previous undergraduate degrees.

Thanks
SFE Clare
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Erin,

Is this still the case even though it’s “blended learning” with mostly online learning but some in class learning and placements?

Also, if I did my undergraduate nursing and finished my undergraduate Biology course and then decided I wanted to do medicine undergraduate, would I get funding for the maintenance loan?

For example:

I study:

1) BSc Human Biology (Full Time: 2019-2022)
2) BSc Adult Nursing (Full Time: 2022-2025)
Which is funded fully by student finance.

3) Undergraduate MBBS Medicine (2025-2030)
Year 1-4 Self Funded Tuition Fees
Year 5 NHS funded tuition and maintenance.

Would I be eligible for a undergraduate maintenance loan for the MBBS if I had studied 2x previous undergraduate degrees.

Thanks
Hi there,

Yes, you would be fully funded if the course is considered a full time course on our database as confirmed by the university.

Is the medical course you are looking to attend an undergraduate or graduate entry course?

Thanks, Clare
clucky_chick
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Clare)
Hi there,

Yes, you would be fully funded if the course is considered a full time course on our database as confirmed by the university.

Is the medical course you are looking to attend an undergraduate or graduate entry course?

Thanks, Clare
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?
Hi There,

Just to check, is it the graduate entry medicine course that you’re planning to apply for?

Thanks, Erin N
clucky_chick
Rep:
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees myself, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?

(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

Just to check, is it the graduate entry medicine course that you’re planning to apply for?

Thanks, Erin N
Lynsey SFE
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees myself, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?
Hello,

You would be eligible to Maintenance Loan in years 1-4, then reduced Rate Maintenance Loan for any subsequent years.

Thanks, Lynsey.
clucky_chick
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
Hello,

You would be eligible to Maintenance Loan in years 1-4, then reduced Rate Maintenance Loan for any subsequent years.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Even if I have already studied two undergraduate degrees just to make sure?

thanks
Lynsey SFE
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Even if I have already studied two undergraduate degrees just to make sure?

thanks
Hello,

That's correct.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads