The Student Room Group

BSc Adult Nursing (Blended)

Hi,

I have completed a degree in BSc Human Biology and I am looking to study Adult Nursing BSc (Blended learning) at Huddersfield University.

I believe that if you are studying an allied health professional course, that you can receive undergraduate funding regardless of whether you have studied an undergraduate degree before, but I just wanted to check this is the case with this course too as it is blended learning.

Furthermore I spoke to Huddersfield and they said I would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan even with it being blended learning, but I just wanted to check that this is the case with yourselves.

Thank you
Original post by clucky_chick
Hi,

I have completed a degree in BSc Human Biology and I am looking to study Adult Nursing BSc (Blended learning) at Huddersfield University.

I believe that if you are studying an allied health professional course, that you can receive undergraduate funding regardless of whether you have studied an undergraduate degree before, but I just wanted to check this is the case with this course too as it is blended learning.

Furthermore I spoke to Huddersfield and they said I would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan even with it being blended learning, but I just wanted to check that this is the case with yourselves.

Thank you

Hi there,

Can you please confirm when this course will begin? Is this classed as a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm when this course will begin? Is this classed as a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graham,

This would most likely be for September 2023. It is a full time course. Partly online, 20 days on campus and then placements at an NHS trust local to myself.
Hi Graham,

This would most likely be for September 2023. It is a full time course. Partly online, 20 days on campus and then placements at an NHS trust local to myself.

Hi there,

If you are looking to study a Nursing course, then yes you will be able to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

If you are looking to study a Nursing course, then yes you will be able to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin

Hi Erin,

Is this still the case even though it’s “blended learning” with mostly online learning but some in class learning and placements?

Also, if I did my undergraduate nursing and finished my undergraduate Biology course and then decided I wanted to do medicine undergraduate, would I get funding for the maintenance loan?

For example:

I study:

1) BSc Human Biology (Full Time: 2019-2022)
2) BSc Adult Nursing (Full Time: 2022-2025)
Which is funded fully by student finance.

3) Undergraduate MBBS Medicine (2025-2030)
Year 1-4 Self Funded Tuition Fees
Year 5 NHS funded tuition and maintenance.

Would I be eligible for a undergraduate maintenance loan for the MBBS if I had studied 2x previous undergraduate degrees.

Hi Erin,

Is this still the case even though it’s “blended learning” with mostly online learning but some in class learning and placements?

Also, if I did my undergraduate nursing and finished my undergraduate Biology course and then decided I wanted to do medicine undergraduate, would I get funding for the maintenance loan?

For example:

I study:

1) BSc Human Biology (Full Time: 2019-2022)
2) BSc Adult Nursing (Full Time: 2022-2025)
Which is funded fully by student finance.

3) Undergraduate MBBS Medicine (2025-2030)
Year 1-4 Self Funded Tuition Fees
Year 5 NHS funded tuition and maintenance.

Would I be eligible for a undergraduate maintenance loan for the MBBS if I had studied 2x previous undergraduate degrees.

Hi there,

Yes, you would be fully funded if the course is considered a full time course on our database as confirmed by the university.

Is the medical course you are looking to attend an undergraduate or graduate entry course?

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Yes, you would be fully funded if the course is considered a full time course on our database as confirmed by the university.

Is the medical course you are looking to attend an undergraduate or graduate entry course?

Thanks, Clare

Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?

Hi There,

Just to check, is it the graduate entry medicine course that you’re planning to apply for?

Thanks, Erin N
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees myself, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?

Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

Just to check, is it the graduate entry medicine course that you’re planning to apply for?

Thanks, Erin N
Yes it would be after two undergraduate degrees. I would be looking to do medicine MBBS as an undergraduate. I am happy funding this course tuition fees myself, but I was wondering if I’d still be eligible for maintenance loan with two previous undergrad degrees?

Hello,

You would be eligible to Maintenance Loan in years 1-4, then reduced Rate Maintenance Loan for any subsequent years.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

You would be eligible to Maintenance Loan in years 1-4, then reduced Rate Maintenance Loan for any subsequent years.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Even if I have already studied two undergraduate degrees just to make sure?

Even if I have already studied two undergraduate degrees just to make sure?

Hello,

That's correct.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Hi can i ask please, I'm studying nursing associate apprenticeship and whilst my employer will be finding the course will i still be eligible for a maintenance loan?
Original post by sarah197000
Hi can i ask please, I'm studying nursing associate apprenticeship and whilst my employer will be finding the course will i still be eligible for a maintenance loan?

Hi Sarah,

We can check this on the system for you. Can you confirm the course name, length, start date and university you would study this through?

Thanks,
Claire
Yes Thankyou! It’s a nursing associate apprenticeship at the university of Bedfordshire. A two year full time course 1 day placement,1 day university and the rest at work. I start in the 19th of September.
Yes Thankyou! It’s a nursing associate apprenticeship at the university of Bedfordshire. A two year full time course 1 day placement,1 day university and the rest at work. I start in the 19th of September.
Original post by sarah197000

Hi there,

If it is the Nursing Associate Practitioner course then I can confirm that this is a course that is eligible for SFE support.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending