The Student Room Group

vent

I had an appointment w cahms and I wanted to postpone it to after-school so I asked my parents to tell them that, but they got pretty mad at my dad and were like "there's others on a waiting list for 6 months" and told my dad he should be more worried about my health and I feel so bad because my dad got shouted at because of me being dramatic, I should've just gone to it I'm so mad, I swear I don't recognise myself sometimes and I don't know why I do the things I do and

i'm just reluctant to go to my appointments because I'm not committed and I hate getting weighed like every week and I wanna discharge myself but I don't know how

idk why I missed it, I should've just gone but it's too late now and my cahms team hates me and they're so annoyed that they still have to do appointments with me and stuff I hate myself I don't know why im such a waste of time

I want to offer my place in treatment to someone who actually needs it but idk how to tell them that becuase my team will be so much happier when I'm gone because they'll be able to treat someone else who wants to cooperate

I'm so mad at myself I don't want to waste their time but I ended up wasting even more of their time idk what to do

I'm 17 so idk if I can discharge myself or get my parents to because OMFG so many other people need it much more than I do I hate myself
Original post by Anonymous
I had an appointment w cahms and I wanted to postpone it to after-school so I asked my parents to tell them that, but they got pretty mad at my dad and were like "there's others on a waiting list for 6 months" and told my dad he should be more worried about my health and I feel so bad because my dad got shouted at because of me being dramatic, I should've just gone to it I'm so mad, I swear I don't recognise myself sometimes and I don't know why I do the things I do and

i'm just reluctant to go to my appointments because I'm not committed and I hate getting weighed like every week and I wanna discharge myself but I don't know how

idk why I missed it, I should've just gone but it's too late now and my cahms team hates me and they're so annoyed that they still have to do appointments with me and stuff I hate myself I don't know why im such a waste of time

I want to offer my place in treatment to someone who actually needs it but idk how to tell them that becuase my team will be so much happier when I'm gone because they'll be able to treat someone else who wants to cooperate

I'm so mad at myself I don't want to waste their time but I ended up wasting even more of their time idk what to do

I'm 17 so idk if I can discharge myself or get my parents to because OMFG so many other people need it much more than I do I hate myself

can i ask how much you feel cahms helps you?
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
can i ask how much you feel cahms helps you?

i dont feel like they can help me bc there's nothing really wrong w me tbh. i know they try, and i have a nice team but i find the appointments kinda stressful, the weigh-ins are intimidating bc it feels a little invasive, and i never really have anything to say to them so i think i waste their time and stuff
Well all I can really say is that they wouldn’t have you on the service because you don’t need it. You may be downsizing your problem but yk who am I to say
You shouldn't feel like you're wasting people's time or feel bad. Sometimes people don't know how to express how they're feeling and just feel down without knowing why. I don't know much about Cahms but from a google search, I can see that they are supposed to be supportive of mental health so I see it as odd when you say that they shouted at your dad. I suggest that you should try to talk to a teacher at your school that you like or trust. Even if you don't know them well. Last year after I had gotten my results for my GCSE I had gotten severe anxiety and suffered from very bad mental health near the end of summer before my A-Levels had begun - I was vomiting and had to go to the hospital so it got pretty bad. I talked to some teachers at my college, I had just met them and they really did make me feel at ease even when they barely knew me. Over time I kinda healed. However this is not to say that I competely got stress out of my life. Even today with the tensions of applying to university it did slightly get overwhelming but I talked to some teachers at my school about it and they were happy to help. I am sure there are teachers at your school that would be happy to talk and go through things with you.

I may be assuming things, but it seems that you worry about things. I suggest when you think about things, instead of saying worrying about how they will turn out, think of what you can do at the moment right now to try and deal with the issue, and plan out how your going to overcome the situation. If you delay the plan that's completely fine, but be sure to give it a try sometime.
Maybe keep a diary of how your feeling everyday , you could also write things such as one thing that made you happy today or one thing you are grateful for. It could be as simple as the fact that you were able to talk to a friend or even just wake up. Once again if you miss days its okay, but please do try do it as much as you can, it can just take a small 5 minutes of everyday from the many hours you are awake.
Sometimes stress is unavoidable. But try not to let the negative emotions overtake you. Life is precious, we should try and enjoy it as much as possible even if does get difficult sometimes.

I really hope you get past this time in your life, remember there are many, many people in similar situations all around the world and there have been many people who have felt like this and have gotten through it. I believe you can do it too. :smile:
Submit reply

Sounds like you have an eating disorder.If this is the case you need to start facing up to the problem.You do not want to end up on a long stay unit.
Original post by Scotney
Sounds like you have an eating disorder.If this is the case you need to start facing up to the problem.You do not want to end up on a long stay unit.

been there already lol
been there already lol

Do you have a therapist too, imo camhs isn't enough for what they do. Every one of my friends that have ever used camhs has felt let down by it as they never actually helped them. For example a conversation would sometimes go like this: "I see you're suffering from suicidal thoughts and depression" "yeah" "have you tried going for a walk?" . Its almost comical how little they helped them but u may have a better team so who knows. But really try and get a therapist so you can talk to someone who knows and is trained in what to do.
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
Do you have a therapist too, imo camhs isn't enough for what they do. Every one of my friends that have ever used camhs has felt let down by it as they never actually helped them. For example a conversation would sometimes go like this: "I see you're suffering from suicidal thoughts and depression" "yeah" "have you tried going for a walk?" . Its almost comical how little they helped them but u may have a better team so who knows. But really try and get a therapist so you can talk to someone who knows and is trained in what to do.

Yes in our experience absolutely rubbish but may be some good ones. It is a disgrace as so many kids need good help right now. Another government let down.

Quick Reply

Latest