How long does it take to find out if you have a Phd interview

Watch this thread
Orwell84
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I understand each university varies. The interviews take place the second week of July. The deadline for applications was the 21st June. The last time I applied for the PhD I heard back within a week; I was unsuccessful with getting an interview. However, I've been told that I have the person spec and experience to be a successful candidate for a PhD this year round.What are people's advice? Do I wait another week or should I reach out to admissions and/or potential supervisor? to find out if I've been successful.
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Orwell84)
I understand each university varies. The interviews take place the second week of July. The deadline for applications was the 21st June. The last time I applied for the PhD I heard back within a week; I was unsuccessful with getting an interview. However, I've been told that I have the person spec and experience to be a successful candidate for a PhD this year round.What are people's advice? Do I wait another week or should I reach out to admissions and/or potential supervisor? to find out if I've been successful.
Hi Orwell84,

I'd give it another week. A lot of UK universities will have been dealing with undergraduate results this week just gone. Plus it's not, in my experience, uncommon for it to take 2-3 weeks to hear back about interviews. Given that the interviews are scheduled to take place in the second week of July, I would expect you to hear back from them in the next week. If you've not heard anything by the end of this week, then drop a polite email to admissions to ask for an update and feedback.

Amy Louise
Orwell84
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Keele Postgraduate)
Hi Orwell84,

I'd give it another week. A lot of UK universities will have been dealing with undergraduate results this week just gone. Plus it's not, in my experience, uncommon for it to take 2-3 weeks to hear back about interviews. Given that the interviews are scheduled to take place in the second week of July, I would expect you to hear back from them in the next week. If you've not heard anything by the end of this week, then drop a polite email to admissions to ask for an update and feedback.

Amy Louise
Hi Amy,

This is helpful and reassuring, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads