University of Brighton Clearing 2022

Watch this thread
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone Image

Are you thinking about starting university this September? It’s not too late!

Clearing is an opportunity to take another look at your university plans before you decide.

If you already hold all of your qualification results, early clearing is open on Tuesday 5th July! Give us a call on 01273 644000 to discuss your options.

Still waiting for your results? Not a problem! Main clearing will open on Thursday 18th August 2022.

If you’re planning on starting university this September you’ll probably be facing lots of choices and changes. It’s all about what’s right for you. Maybe you thought you knew, but now you want to change direction. You can find out more about clearing at the University of Brighton here.

If you have any questions you can contact us anytime.

Good luck! Image
Last edited by University of Brighton Enquiries; 1 month ago
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Everyone :wavey:

Early Clearing opens tomorrow - Tuesday 5th July 2022

Early Clearing is for anyone who already hold their grade results - perhaps you took a gap year or are a mature student looking to get back into education? This might be the option for you!

Check out the video below from our current Brighton University student Charlotte, who talks about what Early Clearing is and why she applied through this route:

If you would like to apply through early clearing or would like to discuss your clearing options, please feel free to contact us on 01273 644000

We look forward to hearing from you!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Last edited by University of Brighton Enquiries; 1 month ago
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Everyone

There's still time to apply through early clearing!

Some courses available through clearing require an interview, so we've put together some helpful information and advice below for how to prepare for a clearing interview.

We usually offer clearing interviews through video calls or over the telephone.

The interview and questions asked during Clearing help us assess your suitability for the course and the profession you are interested in. It's also an opportunity for you to show your enthusiasm, experience and motivation, and to get a sense of what it's like to study.

Some of the most popular university clearing interview questions

Why do you want to take this particular course?
What do you enjoy about learning?
How do you cope with challenging situations and people?
What is your experience of being part of a team?
How do you motivate yourself, and deal with stress?
What would you would like to do after you graduate?
Remember: Before you call us make a note of your qualifications and relevant experience, include dates and details.

Clearing interview tips
Check your internet connection and make a note who to contact at the university if there’s a problem with the call.
Find a quiet room where you won’t have any distractions.
Have a pen and paper, phone or tablet handy to make notes you might use later.
Read up on the subject and be ready to talk about why you have chosen a particular course.
Before your interview think about questions you would like to ask.
Take a deep breath, think about your answers, and if you’re not sure about a question, just say so.

Call our Clearing hotline
Call us on 01273 644000 and tell us about the course you are interested in and details of your qualifications, grades and any relevant experience
We will let you know if we have places available and put you through to the admissions tutor for a more in depth discussion
The tutor will then confirm whether they want to invite you for interview

I hope this is helpful, we look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your clearing applications!

Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hi. How long are the application process for International students? I applied 22 June and I still haven't got any replies.
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. How long are the application process for International students? I applied 22 June and I still haven't got any replies.
Hi Anonymous Please could you send us a private message with your Student number and we can check on the status of your application for you

Bex - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries)
Hi Anonymous Please could you send us a private message with your Student number and we can check on the status of your application for you

Bex - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Thank you. I've just sent a private message (Anonymous 1)!
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
One week until A-Level results day and main Clearing! :party:

You can call us on 01273 644000 from 8am on Thursday 18th August to apply through Clearing. Our phone lines will remain open until 6pm.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to comment on this thread!

You can also check out our Belong and Brighton webpage for new students joining us the September. There's a really helpful checklist, so you know you've done everything you need before joining us, including enrolment details and study prep. There's also lots of online events you can join, including talking to students and staff from your subjects school.

Wishing you all the best on A-Level results day! :gthumb:

Rep:
Report Thread starter 32 minutes ago
Three more days until main clearing!

If you are thinking of applying to The university of Brighton this September, or have already been offered a place, you can find out about what learning and living will be like in Brighton here.

You can find information on:

Your campus
Your timetable
Your learning
Support and Wellbeing
Making friends

If you haven't already, please feel free to sign up to our 'Get Ready For Your Course' online events, where you can speak with staff and students from your course and school, who can answer any questions you might have.

In the video below you can hear from the Vice Chancellor Debra, detailing what you can expect when you join us this September:

I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your Clearing choices!

Danielle - Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (34)
18.48%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (48)
26.09%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (91)
49.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
5.98%

Watched Threads