art or psychology at degree

Watch this thread
dannimary
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would really appreciate some advice. I’ve just finished my first year of A-level psychology and english literature, and my second year of A-level fine art. I’m predicted an A/A* in both art and psychology, and a B in english, which i don’t want to take further. Recently I’ve been set on doing an art degree because this is the only thing i’ve been able to keep up with fully at college, being only subject i’ve finished, but i’m concerned about career options as I’m not sure what I want to do. I sway between teaching, therapy, animal care, social work etc. In terms of art, I don’t fancy art therapy, graphic design, commercial art etc., fine art and history is my only interest. With this in mind i’ve been considering a psychology degree and continuing art as a hobby, or perhaps a combined art and psychology degree. Would a joint honours limit me in terms of a career?

Preferably to make time to decide I would do an art foundation course, but I will be over 19 and would have to pay tuition fees. As far as I know I could get an advanced learner loan to cover this, but not living costs. I’m planning on moving away from home to rent with my boyfriend, would I be able to afford this with only a part time job? Would I even be able to afford this doing a degree? Neither of us want to live in halls.
Last edited by dannimary; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Useful careers site here with lots of job/career profiles - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles

If money is tight then Uni debt is probably not a great idea, and an apprenticeship etc might be more feasible - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/ - especially if you dont have concrete ideas about what you want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (31)
18.02%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (44)
25.58%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (87)
50.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
5.81%

Watched Threads