I got a third in my first year for the Medical Tripos. Do I need to retake

Watch this thread
HelloEverybody22
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have never bombed anything this badly which makes sense since Cambridge is the most challenging course I have done so far.

Has anybody else had the same experience and what did they have to do afterwards?

All replies will be much appreciated.
girl_in_black
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Isn't a 3rd still a pass?
HelloEverybody22
Rep:
iT
(Original post by girl_in_black)
Isn't a 3rd still a pass?

It is but I was wondering if people who had got thirds had to retake the anatomy or biochemistry module for example.
HelloEverybody22
Rep:
Bump
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your best bet is to speak to your DoS. It might not be something you want to do right now, but I'd really recommend it. They're the ones who'll know and be able to advise you on your next steps.

From my limited knowledge (And as I said, your DoS is the expert, so please check with them!), you are allowed to resit the 2nd MB exams once if you have not met the pass mark. There are typically no resits for Tripos exams. You might find this page and the Medic handbook useful.

Hope this helps
HelloEverybody22
Rep:
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
Your best bet is to speak to your DoS. It might not be something you want to do right now, but I'd really recommend it. They're the ones who'll know and be able to advise you on your next steps.

From my limited knowledge (And as I said, your DoS is the expert, so please check with them!), you are allowed to resit the 2nd MB exams once if you have not met the pass mark. There are typically no resits for Tripos exams. You might find this page and the Medic handbook useful.

Hope this helps
Thank you, I really appreciate the time taken to respond!
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HelloEverybody22)
Thank you, I really appreciate the time taken to respond!
You're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (30)
17.96%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.75%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
50.9%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.39%

Watched Threads