Those who did Politics degree after the A-level

Watch this thread
Usernamesaredum
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there any A-level content in the degree (like UK politics, political ideologies, and comparative politics)?
l3078
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on the content of the course that your chosen university creates. I go to Exeter Uni, and I've found a lot of the Global Politics unit for A-level was useful in my international relations module (particularly realism and liberalism). There is also some overlap for UK Government where I did a module on the functions of parliament which saw some overlap. Check your chosen uni(s) and their course content to see what sorts of topic(s) you're likely to study.

Hope this helps
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Usernamesaredum)
Is there any A-level content in the degree (like UK politics, political ideologies, and comparative politics)?
Hi!

As most politics courses at degree level don't require a politics A-Level, you will find some overlap. This will also depend on your chosen universities modules. In my first year I had modules, some of which I chose and some that were compulsory, that had A-Level content on them but at a higher level. You are also expected to do independent research on these subjects. In my second year, I chose a comparative politics module as I enjoyed it at A-Level and wanted to learn more about it.

Good Luck with your studies

Trinity
Y2 Politics and Sociology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads