Reapplying for Post Grad Loan After Withdrawing during the Pandemic

Watch this thread
SuppleGenius
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

I was just wondering about my eligibility to reapply for a Post Grad loan after withdrawing from my studies in April 2020.

This would likely be at a new university on a different course.

I know this usually requires CPE, often in the form of an illness, bereavement etc. However, I left my course due to the dramatic shift in the quality of learning and available resources during the initial pandemic and lockdown. What had been a part-time course at UCL became distance learning with no available resources, no access to The British Library, or Institute of Classical Studies.

Understandably at this time, universities weren't prepared and didn't really know how to quickly shift to having all students studying permanently at home for the foreseeable future. This also had a knock-on effect on my mental health, but whether I'd be able to prove this with dated healthcare correspondence, I'm not sure.

Would these circumstances be considered for a reapplication? If so, what kind of evidence would be required?

Thanks,
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SuppleGenius)
Hi there,

I was just wondering about my eligibility to reapply for a Post Grad loan after withdrawing from my studies in April 2020.

This would likely be at a new university on a different course.

I know this usually requires CPE, often in the form of an illness, bereavement etc. However, I left my course due to the dramatic shift in the quality of learning and available resources during the initial pandemic and lockdown. What had been a part-time course at UCL became distance learning with no available resources, no access to The British Library, or Institute of Classical Studies.

Understandably at this time, universities weren't prepared and didn't really know how to quickly shift to having all students studying permanently at home for the foreseeable future. This also had a knock-on effect on my mental health, but whether I'd be able to prove this with dated healthcare correspondence, I'm not sure.

Would these circumstances be considered for a reapplication? If so, what kind of evidence would be required?

Thanks,
Hi there,

Did you receive any correspondence from the university regarding why you decided to leave the course? For example, from a lecturer or tutor?

Thanks, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (15)
35.71%
They're what I expected (12)
28.57%
They're worse than what I expected (15)
35.71%

Watched Threads