Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can you get contreception without your parents finding out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Condoms are really not hard for you young 'uns to get hold of. Also, you should see your GP and discuss the pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDestinyx)
    Information here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=654345
    thanks

but 3 years :O can it get removed?

ReputationRep:
    I just want to add that if you're having bf troubles, are you sure you want to have sex with him?

ReputationRep:
    go on the pill then if you want to be extra safe, just go to your gp or family planning clinic and ask to go on the contraceptive pill.

ReputationRep:
    Either go to family planning or clinic by yourself (tell your parents you are going somewhere else..)
    Or as other people have suggested tell your parents you want to go on it as it controls irregular periods, and can help acne etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Except you can still feel it and kind of see it...
    Feel, if you actually go feeling for it, but see? No way. I've had mine for over two years now, I haven't had that issue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    thanks

but 3 years :O can it get removed?
    Yup! Mine comes out in the Summer!

ReputationRep:
    thankss everybody
    im thinking, the pill maybe?.. like saying its for periods and stuff, they might be okay... catholism isnt good yanno! i supose they cant really do alot about it...
    thanks
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Feel, if you actually go feeling for it, but see? No way. I've had mine for over two years now, I haven't had that issue...

Meh, I can see the one my friend has.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Mine comes out in the Summer!
    ahh right, ive never even heard of these things. are they new or something? i did sex ed 5+ years ago, cant say i paid much attention either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    ahh right, ive never even heard of these things. are they new or something? i did sex ed 5+ years ago, cant say i paid much attention either
    They were around, but they weren't used often, and they were in the trials I Think then. I hadn't heard of when I did it either!

I think it's amazing though. I don't get nasty side effects, it means I'm covered - out of 8000 they've put in in this borough, only 3 girls have become pregnant, and that's because they shouldn't have had them because of medication that affects it - and it's discreet. I'm getting another one as soon as this one comes out

ReputationRep:
    They were around, but they weren't used often, and they were in the trials I Think then. I hadn't heard of when I did it either!

I think it's amazing though. I don't get nasty side effects, it means I'm covered - out of 8000 they've put in in this borough, only 3 girls have become pregnant, and that's because they shouldn't have had them because of medication that affects it - and it's discreet. I'm getting another one as soon as this one comes out
    i want one now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolage)
    thankss everybody
    im thinking, the pill maybe?.. like saying its for periods and stuff, they might be okay... catholism isnt good yanno! i supose they cant really do alot about it...
    thanks
    xxx
    I think starting off on the pill would be a good idea It lets you gauge how happy you are with it all, for a start. I found I didn't like it, but I know my best friend did, although we both have implants now :P
    EDIT: I should point out that WHEREVER you go, you have the right to confidentiality. If you really want to make sure though, don't give them a house number, just a mobile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i want one now
    Haha, I'd go to your doctor's or your sexual health clinic and ask about it then! I know it's been amazing for me, and it means I don't have to worry about anything but STDs for the next 3 years!

ReputationRep:
    i just thought i'd add that you don't have to be 16 to get the pill from your GP and you still have the same rights to privacy as you would if you were over 16

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.