Clock not allowed in exam??

Watch this thread
Idk131
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
During my mock exam in the hall, The invigilator turned the clock around so we couldn't see it? Is this normal- is it a new policy or something?
Idk131
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
There was a clock on the other side of the hall that was visible but I swear we should be able to see a clock to see how much time we have left in an exam? They wrote down when the exam would end but how were we supposed to know when it would until the last minute? I feel like this was very unfair because I ran out of time as well
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
um usually the clock is alowed? maybe that one was showing the wrong time and they didnt want you getting confused
Idk131
Rep:
Yh I am going to tell them tomorrow because I feel like it affected my exam performance- these are the ones that will form our predicted grades as well :mad: I am pretty sure they changed the time and then turned it around
Last edited by Idk131; 1 month ago
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Idk131)
There was a clock on the other side of the hall that was visible but I swear we should be able to see a clock to see how much time we have left in an exam? They wrote down when the exam would end but how were we supposed to know when it would until the last minute? I feel like this was very unfair because I ran out of time as well
If the other clock was visible then what was the issue :confused:
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
During my mock exam in the hall, The invigilator turned the clock around so we couldn't see it? Is this normal- is it a new policy or something?
This is not standard. Probably just a mistake.

Mention it to your teacher, they can feedback to the exam office so the invigilators are notified not to do this in the future.
Idk131
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
This is not standard. Probably just a mistake.

Mention it to your teacher, they can feedback to the exam office so the invigilators are notified not to do this in the future.
Ok thanks I will
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It might have been that the 2 clocks were showing a different time, potentially very confusing.

There is no other reason for the clock to be hidden, all candidates should be able to see the clock that is used in a real GCSE or A level exam.
Musicaltrashcan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This was definately not the case in any of my exams!
did they at least call out things like "5 minute sleft" or stuff like that?
this sounds awful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads