Oxford Medicine Predicted Grades

Watch this thread
honey_bear
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know what the Oxford predicted grades for 2023 medicine are?

This is what it says in the med schools council website:
Passes at A-level of at least AAB with an A or A* in Chemistry (grade
requirements apply if A-levels were taken within the last 5 years; applicants
whose exams were taken more than 5 years prior to the year of application
are not required to have AAB, although their grades will be assessed
carefully at the shortlisting stage).

I always thought the entry requirements were A*AA though, so I'm not sure what they use. Could someone explain this to me?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by honey_bear)

I always thought the entry requirements were A*AA though, so I'm not sure what they use. Could someone explain this to me?
Hi there.

Oxford is a GCSE heavy med school so I imagine they'd prefer students with grade 8/9 predictions rather than 6 and 7s etc. ecolier or GANFYD could confirm/correct this and answer your second Q.

Best wishes.
John Wick11
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The entry requirement is A*AA.

Not sure how (or if) they use the predicted grades though.

The selection criteria for interviews puts a heavy emphasis on BMAT scores and GCSE grades attained.
Again, I’m not sure if they use predicted grades as a selection tools for interview invites.
They may use it post-interview also.
honey_bear
Rep:
Many thanks @TriplexA and @John Wick11!! I have mostly 9s and a couple 8s in my GCSEs. So that wouldn't be an issue I believe. I'm looking for medicine courses that don't look at predicted grades though.
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

What you have quoted is the GEM requirements? Are you a grad, or wanting standard entry?
A100 says "A*AA at A level achieved in one sitting, to include Chemistry, plus at least one of Biology, Physics or Maths."

Oxford have previously said they do not look at predicted grades, but A*AA would be the offer
honey_bear
Rep:
(Original post by GANFYD)
What you have quoted is the GEM requirements? Are you a grad, or wanting standard entry?
A100 says "A*AA at A level achieved in one sitting, to include Chemistry, plus at least one of Biology, Physics or Maths."

Oxford have previously said they do not look at predicted grades, but A*AA would be the offer
I am wanting a standard entry. I'm currently in Y12 and expecting to receive my A-Level predictions soon, which I'm guessing will be an AAB (or maybe ABB). I know there are only very few med schools that accept AAB for predicted grades or don't look at predicted grades at all. I'm hoping to work hard and achieve at least A*AA at the end of A-Levels, and if needed take a gap year to reapply. But preferably I would like to start uni in 2023. Do you (or anyone else reading) have any general advice on this?

Do you know where to find out about if Oxford look at predicted grades for the 2023 entry?

Many thanks for you help!!
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am wanting a standard entry. I'm currently in Y12 and expecting to receive my A-Level predictions soon, which I'm guessing will be an AAB (or maybe ABB). I know there are only very few med schools that accept AAB for predicted grades or don't look at predicted grades at all. I'm hoping to work hard and achieve at least A*AA at the end of A-Levels, and if needed take a gap year to reapply. But preferably I would like to start uni in 2023. Do you (or anyone else reading) have any general advice on this?

Do you know where to find out about if Oxford look at predicted grades for the 2023 entry?

Many thanks for you help!!
They have always stated they do not look at predicted grades, but you can email them to confirm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads