kings college london

Watch this thread
rahmasaeed
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so i am in sixth form right now doing BTEC applied science National Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and doing A level Psychology i am predicted D*D* and maybe A/A* for psychology so i was checking a lot of unis and i really like KCL in London and checked entry requirement for Biomedical science which is want to do and they say they accept BTEC with 1 or 2 A levels so can anyone let me know if i have a chance of getting into KCL or would it be a waste of an application, i really hope so i love everything about the Uni.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
From what you've written, you meet the entry requirements - so you certainly "have a chance of getting into KCL". Whether you succeed in doing so with be down to a lot of factors, including;

your predicted grades,
your actual grades,
your personal statement, and
the reference from your school/college.

Or are you worried that there's a secret, unpublished set of entry requirements which say that only those with 3 A levels will actually receive offers?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Be aware that thousands of people who meet, or even exceed, the entry requirements who apply to KCL don't even get an offer. And this year many of those were left hanging until May only to be declined-by-default because KCL couldn't be bothered to enter a decision on UCAS. A 'don't care' attitude like that suggests a very poor attitude towards applicants and students. And yes, applying with a BTEC may well put you at the bottom of the heap since they clearly have a very 'elitist' academic attitude at KCL.

Thee are plenty of other top Unis where you will be more welcome with a BTEC - Bristol as one example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads