Should I feel guilty?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I thought about leaving my company for several months now, as there has been no work ,I’m unable to work on my skills in the company and generally I don’t feel happy.

My colleague and I are the only two people left in the same team. My colleague is more senior and they have a more workload than me.

I feel guilty because if I was to leave, my colleague would be the only person to deal with the workload. There is no one else in the company who has the same skillset as us.

I haven’t found a new job or told anyone about my resigning. I started applying to a few jobs, I know it takes time.

Should I feel guilty about leaving?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
No, it's your life and should put your own needs first. They will find a replacement for you if you leave.
SagaciousSag
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If the company hasn't hired others to join the team, they can and will eventually. Prioritise yourself and your happiness.
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought about leaving my company for several months now, as there has been no work ,I’m unable to work on my skills in the company and generally I don’t feel happy.

My colleague and I are the only two people left in the same team. My colleague is more senior and they have a more workload than me.

I feel guilty because if I was to leave, my colleague would be the only person to deal with the workload. There is no one else in the company who has the same skillset as us.

I haven’t found a new job or told anyone about my resigning. I started applying to a few jobs, I know it takes time.

Should I feel guilty about leaving?
Hi ive felt like that sometimes. And having that skill set has made you indispensable, and if you stay and just about managing, then why should the company hire any more people, and move people up? Some companies have this attitude of if it aint broke, dont fix it, and thus they leave things as they are. Which is kind of demoralising for staff because wheres room/time for improvement and new opportunities?

One thing you should do is get a new job first. Never leave a job and then go searching. It might take a while and not only that you might not be able to claim benefits right away. So search for a job whilst your in work. You look more employable that way too. Dont worry about your senior colleague too much. When you hand in your notice, its down to the company to find a relpacement, or train someone there to replace you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Hi ive felt like that sometimes. And having that skill set has made you indispensable, and if you stay and just about managing, then why should the company hire any more people, and move people up? Some companies have this attitude of if it aint broke, dont fix it, and thus they leave things as they are. Which is kind of demoralising for staff because wheres room/time for improvement and new opportunities?

One thing you should do is get a new job first. Never leave a job and then go searching. It might take a while and not only that you might not be able to claim benefits right away. So search for a job whilst your in work. You look more employable that way too. Dont worry about your senior colleague too much. When you hand in your notice, its down to the company to find a relpacement, or train someone there to replace you.
Thanks so much for the advice. This has been useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads