Which would you choose?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok... i'm choosing between two unis.

uni A - further from home, unfamiliar city but very interesting course and modules, some familiar people.
uni B - closer to home, easier transport, course is great but not as interesting as uni A. dont know anyone.

preferably i'd like to be able to travel home often with ease but i'm still stuck.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If I were choosing, I will choose Uni-B because I guess that it's easier to meet new people and make new friends and get familiar to others than finding a university close to home with easy transportation
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The question posed in the title is "Which would you choose?".

I would chose Uni A, as I wouldn't be willing to compromise the "very interesting course and modules" and "some familiar people" just for proximity to home.

What you should choose will depend on how important your ability to "travel home often with ease" is to you. Only you can judge judge that - not a bunch of strangers on TSR.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

uni A - further from home, unfamiliar city but very interesting course and modules, some familiar people.
uni B - closer to home, easier transport, course is great but not as interesting as uni A. dont know anyone.

preferably i'd like to be able to travel home often with ease but i'm still stuck.
Uni A - best course every time.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It is important for you to enjoy and feel passionate about your course, as you will be studying it for at least three years. What you should do is compare the modules, and the courses i.e. does one provide more work experience/placements, what are their student satisfaction scores, how will I be tested etc. and see what is most important to you.

It's also important to feel comfortable and happy, and if you don't think you can get that from uni A then don't go there. You could see if the university is holding student weekend stays, where you go to the uni, you do activities, they show you around, you stay overnight etc and this could help you to figure out if you would be okay with it.

- Rosie
Durham Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Hiya

I would personally choose uni A because even though the city is unfamiliar, I find the course interesting and can make the most out of my student experience if the vibe is generally good. Knowing some people already is also good but you can always make friends when you actually start uni so that shouldn't be a problem for now. I'm not too attached to my home so wouldn't really care much about it being farther; plus it might be that you like your uni experience and might not feel the need to visit home as much so keep that in mind while making a decision.

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
Idc123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Hey please could you PM me? I want to ask a question
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Hi,
I would do a deeper investigation into each uni. I would also weigh up the pros and cons of each and consider what is most important to you. For example, is it more important to be closer to home or to be on a more interesting course. Consider what sort of experience you want from university. You could try go to an open day at each university to get a feel for the experience.

All the best
Kasey - University of Law Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads