my best friend got a boyfriend

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my best friend who i was extremely close to got a boyfriend and is instead focusing on him all the time, and acts like him. i feel like she has completely changed and her personality is based on his, she spends all her time with him and acts like i don't exist when i'm around. she knows i don't have anyone else yet she still leaves me alone. she's currently not talking to me because i was talking to both her and her boyfriend, and i don't know why this made her mad. any advice on what i should do? i feel like i'm losing my best friend.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my best friend who i was extremely close to got a boyfriend and is instead focusing on him all the time, and acts like him. i feel like she has completely changed and her personality is based on his, she spends all her time with him and acts like i don't exist when i'm around. she knows i don't have anyone else yet she still leaves me alone. she's currently not talking to me because i was talking to both her and her boyfriend, and i don't know why this made her mad. any advice on what i should do? i feel like i'm losing my best friend.
Hi there.

Sorry you're feeling this way. It may be wise to give them both space, as interfering could damage your relationship further, and see if your friend attempts to contact you. If you were just talking to him she could have insecurities about the relationship or may just be jealousy - either way it's your choice whether you feel your relationship is worth maintaining.

Hope this makes sense.
Take care and best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No you're not loosing your friend but she's doing that because her relation with her boyfriend is still new so surely she will care about him so much as if she sees no one else. Also, she wants to show off and maybe make others feel jealous from her. Just give her some time and she will get back to you again or try to find a new girl friend because life never stops at one
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
No you're not loosing your friend but she's doing that because her relation with her boyfriend is still new so surely she will care about him so much as if she sees no one else. Also, she wants to show off and maybe make others feel jealous from her. Just give her some time and she will get back to you again or try to find a new girl friend because life never stops at one
it's been about two months now since they've been together, and i've talked to him before and she didn't have a problem. after that happened she texted me saying 'i go home with him now so can you go on your own'. there's not really anyone else to be friends with in my school because i've literally had arguments with every girl.
Huzam001
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Have you ever considered that it’s a you problem that no one else talks to you? I mean, the way you’re acting now seems very childish. Your best friend just got together with someone they really like/love and you’re demanding that they give you more time and attention than their partner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
34.78%
Take a gap year (5)
21.74%
Resit my exams (6)
26.09%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (2)
8.7%
I don't know yet (1)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads