The Student Room Group

Which Uni is better ?

I want to study accounting ?

Should I choose University of Law or University of Roehampton
Anything but ULaw really...unless it's a degree apprenticeship. Also if your aim is accounting you should definitely look at degree apprenticeship options as it's a much better route into the profession.
What's wrong with University of Law. I have seen some people going there. I think that its a good uni.
Original post by peteryoungy
What's wrong with University of Law. I have seen some people going there. I think that its a good uni.

It's a for-profit corporation that happens to issue degrees. It's not like any other uni in the UK. Its main reason for existence was to provide the (now defunct) LPC, it just started selling degrees as well once it figured out it could get more money out of people that way.

It's like Trump University. If you have to do the LPC then you do it there or BPP because those are the only choices and all solicitors had to do it and nobody cared about it. For anything else, it adds zero value to your profile later in life.

The only other situation where it wouldn't matter if you did any study there is if it was the provider for education in a degree apprenticeship, because in that case it doesn't matter who issues the degree as the experience you get in the apprenticeship through the company you are working for.

Also "people go there" is literally the lowest standard you could have for a university. People go to my local pub, I wouldn't get a degree there.
Do you have any idea on what uni. I can go to then to study accounting and finance.

I have messed up my mock exams. I am predicted A* A C.

I want it to be in London. I can find some myself but not sure on which ones to choose. Got no experience
Do you have any idea on what uni. I can go to then to study accounting and finance.

I have messed up my mock exams. I am predicted A* A C.

I want it to be in London. I can find some myself but not sure on which ones to choose. Got no experience

As above, for accounting you are best looking at degree apprenticeships anyway - as you functionally have to do a graduate apprenticeship after a degree if you want to go into accounting anyway, so may as well just get started with it off the bat. There are probably a few companies based in London with them so I'd say look into those first and foremost.

Otherwise you may want to see if you can improve the C, if so you have a lot of options. If not, then SOAS might be an option with a reasonably well considered business school I gather. Goldsmiths might also be an option.
will degree apprenticeship need entry requirment. Do you know what website I need to look for. I am in yr12 right now.
What's wrong with University of Law.

Its an office block and not a Uni campus. It doesnt have a great reputation.
Its focused on providing professional/career development courses - not undergrad degrees.
There are few 'leisure' facilities and you wont have much of a 'student experience' there.

Go to Roehampton - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtsNfbg8fI
will degree apprenticeship need entry requirment. Do you know what website I need to look for. I am in yr12 right now.

See here for more information regarding degree apprenticeships
Original post by Rhubarb455
Try Liverpool uni. It’s got triple accreditation. 😊

what does that mean ?
Original post by Rhubarb455
So because it’s accredited, later on when you might want to complete a chartered accounting qualification like the ACA or ACCA, you will have exemptions. So for the ACA I think it’s 12 exemptions (meaning you have credit towards 12 of the 15 ACA exams). Hope this makes sense.

doesn't other unis offer accrediation but i think that liverpool's one is the most.
checked goldsmith they dont offer accounting.
any other uni that meets in with my prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest