drum kit for my birthday

Watch this thread
killabitis23
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi killabiters,
I am interested in having a drum kit for my birthday which is in just a month and I am thinking of asking my Granddad to get me one.
Just so you know my next birthday is my fifteenth birthday and I started playing the drums when I was about four but I am now interested in having an actual drum kit that I will play using drum sticks.
So I will basically be a fifteen year old beginner drummer.
What type of drum kit would be suitable for me?
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by killabitis23)
Hi killabiters,
I am interested in having a drum kit for my birthday which is in just a month and I am thinking of asking my Granddad to get me one.
Just so you know my next birthday is my fifteenth birthday and I started playing the drums when I was about four but I am now interested in having an actual drum kit that I will play using drum sticks.
I’m a drummer

It’s hard to say what kind of kit you’d need from the info given. Most kits are decent. If you want budget, electric is cheaper, mine was £150 and I’m currently grade 2. It’s not perfect but works for practice.
If you want acoustic, you’d be best going into a drum shop and trying the kits. See what feels good.
The quality you want also depends on how good you are. If you’re a beginner, start cheap. Don’t blow the budget on a £4000 kit that you hardly ever play! As you gain experience, you can move to better quality kits.

And as a side note, this is the kind of forum where you will get mocked endlessly if you keep calling us “killabiters”
Last edited by RushingRiver; 1 month ago
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by killabitis23)
Hi killabiters,
Hi there.

I've moved your thread to music so you can get more responses. Happy birthday in advance!

PRSOM RushingRiver that's so cool! If I'd have known, I'd definitely have tagged you.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no advice but happy birthday
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend an electronic kit for the sanity of everyone around you. I have an Alesis nitro and it's really great. I am also a member of Drumeo. It is an awesome resource if you're teaching yourself.
Last edited by Sabertooth; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads