Turn on thread page Beta

do u care about noise watch

• View Poll Results: who are you?
    i am considerate
    97.73%
    people must ask me to turn the music down
    2.27%

ReputationRep:
    do you care about how much noise u make and affecting floormates. people say if people get annoyed they sould just ask for you to turn it down, as if you do not realise that we do not appreciate you playing **** on repeat for hours on end. so are you the person everyone hates or considerate? do you have to be asked to turn it down, thus putting the other person in a position of debt to you if you oblige which is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    I love noise! My favourites include trance/house music and jet aircraft taking off.
    I will get carried away and play loud music, but if someone asks me to turn it down I always will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    I love noise! My favourites include trance/house music
    I will get carried away and play loud music, but if someone asks me to turn it down I always will.

Same here, although I usually have the volume lower when I know otheres are in the house, but blast it when no-one is around.

Doo you ever find the atmosphere changes, when you have your music up loud, then someone comes home? I always turn the volume down a bit, just because I feel compelled to.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both really ... I try to be considerate of other people if they are around but sometimes if I have been alone and other people have come home, or I am in my room working with the volume turned up because nobody else is really doing anything except playing on the wii/xbox I can forget how loud I am being, but if someone comes and asks me to turn it down a bit then I don't have a problem with it ... because how can I know that it is now causing annoyance when it wasn't 5 minutes ago - unless you come and tell me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Same here, although I usually have the volume lower when I know otheres are in the house, but blast it when no-one is around.

Doo you ever find the atmosphere changes, when you have your music up loud, then someone comes home? I always turn the volume down a bit, just because I feel compelled to.
    To truley appreciate the music I have to play it really loud lol, but like I said, if someone wants it turned down, its not a problem at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    To truley appreciate the music I have to play it really loud lol, but like I said, if someone wants it turned down, its not a problem at all.

I agree, loud is the only way to play trance/house etc

No-one in my house has ever told me to turn it down (yet) unless they are too scared to. And I have told them to tell me if it's too loud. Their voices are often loud than my damn music, but that's another story! lol

ReputationRep:
    I have these amazing headphones (were meant to be for my keyboard but it's now for my laptop) and I use those and turn it as loud as I want. Can't bother anyone that way.

ReputationRep:
    Music is nothing...I used to live with a guy who insisted on having really, really noisey sex, really, really frequently. Lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Alot. I am very sensitive to loud noises. I don't listen to anything too loud.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm quite considerate, I rarely have my music on loud. I haven't been told to turn down the volume yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jointhedots)
    Music is nothing...I used to live with a guy who insisted on having really, really noisey sex, really, really frequently. Lovely.

Luckily noone in my house has done that yet, but considering all three of my housemates have boyfriends, it's only time until this occurs!!!

Earplugs at the ready!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I agree, loud is the only way to play trance/house etc

No-one in my house has ever told me to turn it down (yet) unless they are too scared to. And I have told them to tell me if it's too loud. Their voices are often loud than my damn music, but that's another story! lol
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I think when you're in a shared house the only way to have loud music playing is with earphones.

If I can hear the music in my room it's already too loud, and when people turn the music down for you it's never enough, but I don't want to hassle anyone.

It's just really annoying basically because I can't get work done if I can hear someone elses music (or if I listen to music period) and I hate studying in the library.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I care about noise! I'm considerate about it myself, and I have a flatmate who has to get up at 7 most mornings, or earlier, for her placement. I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks so we're both considerate of the fact!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.