should I think this way?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I study medicine and have been a good student since school on the other hand, my sisters are completely opposite. One of my sisters (she is 5 years older than me) is 29 has always been careless about studies as far as I have observed and just recently started a job. Since I have started medicine, she makes statements like I could also have become a doctor etc whereas she never had such goals ever. Also, since she started working she always compares herself with me and tries to bring me down. She always tries to say that she is doing a job so everyone should be her maid, cleans her room when she come back etc and whenever we go out together she makes statements like ''I have been working so hard so everyone should give me all the attention, I deserve to go outside''. Her job is hectic but not much as she says and this makes me doubt myself when I spend hours n hours studying but don't think like she does and act like oh i've been working so hard when others were sleeping so I deserve to be treated like a queen. This, in short, makes me think that I work really hard and don't enjoy much whereas my sisters do very little in comparison and having fun all the time but act like they have doing a lot work.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I study medicine and have been a good student since school on the other hand, my sisters are completely opposite. One of my sisters (she is 5 years older than me) is 29 has always been careless about studies as far as I have observed and just recently started a job. Since I have started medicine, she makes statements like I could also have become a doctor etc whereas she never had such goals ever. Also, since she started working she always compares herself with me and tries to bring me down. She always tries to say that she is doing a job so everyone should be her maid, cleans her room when she come back etc and whenever we go out together she makes statements like ''I have been working so hard so everyone should give me all the attention, I deserve to go outside''. Her job is hectic but not much as she says and this makes me doubt myself when I spend hours n hours studying but don't think like she does and act like oh i've been working so hard when others were sleeping so I deserve to be treated like a queen. This, in short, makes me think that I work really hard and don't enjoy much whereas my sisters do very little in comparison and having fun all the time but act like they have doing a lot work.
Sounds like your sister bit jealous of you doing medicine to become a doctor once you qualify at the end of the five years course.
If she thought she could have been a doctor as well then why is she not doing it then is the question you should be asking.

Don't let her bring you down as be stronger towards her over things.

Don't you deserve to go out as well after the long hours you do on placements and at university.....

I would tell her to get on with doing her own cleaning etc etc as don't matter whether she thinks she is working hard like, ask her who is the one doing long hours on placements in hospitals and coping with COVID as well.

I do understand what you are going through as been there myself working nightshifts, dayshifts and weekends doing a near 13 hour shift in hospital wards throughout the COVID pandemic as a midwife with the added pressure of more workload with the home births all being diverted to us at the hospital wards without the extra staff to help us out plus not enough beds either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads