rhu
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think I've finally figured out that in the future I wanna be involved with drug development, meaning I'm pretty sure a pharmacology degree is what I want to do. However some of the unis that I've been looking at for a while, and really like, don't offer pharmacology and instead to an overall Biomedical course. Would it be possible to get into the drug discovery side of the industry with a Biomed degree? : D
Dnsnnssn
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes ofcourse

Most jobs in this area mainly want a life sciences degree or Masters
Last edited by Dnsnnssn; 1 month ago
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rhu)
I think I've finally figured out that in the future I wanna be involved with drug development, meaning I'm pretty sure a pharmacology degree is what I want to do. However some of the unis that I've been looking at for a while, and really like, don't offer pharmacology and instead to an overall Biomedical course. Would it be possible to get into the drug discovery side of the industry with a Biomed degree? : D
Hi rhu

Definitely - you will be able enter drug discovery with a biological sciences degree. Depending on where you would like to be within drug discovery you may want to do a Masters of PhD after your BSc.

A great way to get a head start into the industry is to also do a year in employment between your second and third year. This will enable you to understand more about the industry and gain some valuable work experience.

Lauren
(Uni of Southampton Rep)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.51%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (54)
55.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.08%

Watched Threads