Relationship advice - from a Muslim girl

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t know why but recently this past year I have been wanting a relationship with someone so bad. I’m only 16 but everything I see on social media like tiktok of cute asian couples I really want it.
Firstly I know it’s haram in our religion, but like even in school everyone else has someone they like and I don’t. I feel like I just want someone like the talking stage seems exciting and just so does everything.

Even though mostly at my age it ends bad I don’t care about that and it’s the fact I don’t have a crush on anyone I know in real life. I see people on social media and be like I would like them if I knew them in real life but there is no one like that - I want to meet someone near my age who I can lol.
I don’t know what to do and obviously I would never tell anyone this irl but I just need advice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t know why but recently this past year I have been wanting a relationship with someone so bad. I’m only 16 but everything I see on social media like tiktok of cute asian couples I really want it.
Firstly I know it’s haram in our religion, but like even in school everyone else has someone they like and I don’t. I feel like I just want someone like the talking stage seems exciting and just so does everything.

Even though mostly at my age it ends bad I don’t care about that and it’s the fact I don’t have a crush on anyone I know in real life. I see people on social media and be like I would like them if I knew them in real life but there is no one like that - I want to meet someone near my age who I can lol.
I don’t know what to do and obviously I would never tell anyone this irl but I just need advice.
And this is just all of a sudden as well before I never used to care but now I do. My bestfriends are all talking to someone etc.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The best solution is to get off tiktok. People only post what they want others to see.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
The best solution is to get off tiktok. People only post what they want others to see.
I know they do but it’s not just tiktok that makes me feel like I want one as well. I don’t knowwww tho
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I know they do but it’s not just tiktok that makes me feel like I want one as well. I don’t knowwww tho
Start looking over A-level content
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Start looking over A-level content
😭😭😭 loool icl it’s just distracting me I know it seem stupid bc I’m young but idk if its like got to do with my age I’m at or anything
Mohammed_80
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Social media is there to influence you it’s taken over get off it sister, and focus on education studies and continue to prioritise Islam first and In’Sha’Allah, when you are mature and at the right age you will come across someone that’s for you, you got way long ahead of yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
So you would go on dates? Are you crushing on white guys?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Are you from Asia?
Anonymous #1
So you would go on dates? Are you crushing on white guys?
No I don’t crush white guys they aren’t my type lol and idk
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mohammed_80)
Social media is there to influence you it’s taken over get off it sister, and focus on education studies and continue to prioritise Islam first and In’Sha’Allah, when you are mature and at the right age you will come across someone that’s for you, you got way long ahead of yourself.
Thank you so much and I understand what you mean for a while I was thinking if it’s the waswasah getting to me. But I know I have a lot left to go in my life and I will find the right person I just i guess wish I could now and I do meee to prioritise islam more in my life I struggle I can’t lie.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Get off of TikTok.
You only see the good side of the relationships there, which is why you're inclined to want one. Reality is different though, and it's haram as you acknowledge.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No I don’t crush white guys they aren’t my type lol and idk
I Guess it must be unusual. Having cravings for relationship
Anonymous #1
Are you from Asia?
Wdym

I Guess it must be unusual. Having cravings for relationship
Loool now ur just making me sound crazy icl this is why I didn’t want to post it but thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sufys)
Get off of TikTok.
You only see the good side of the relationships there, which is why you're inclined to want one. Reality is different though, and it's haram as you acknowledge.
Yeahh I know I do and I think tiktok does influence me but I can’t just go off of it. And about haram i understand I just feel this weird feeling this year and more recently
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Wdym

Loool now ur just making me sound crazy icl this is why I didn’t want to post it but thanks
I just meant it must be unusual for religious girls. Don't judge yourself
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeahh I know I do and I think tiktok does influence me but I can’t just go off of it. And about haram i understand I just feel this weird feeling this year and more recently
Delete your account. That will remove the personalisation, so that you see less of it all.
It's normal to desire to be in a relationship at your age, yes.
Mohammed_80
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much and I understand what you mean for a while I was thinking if it’s the waswasah getting to me. But I know I have a lot left to go in my life and I will find the right person I just i guess wish I could now and I do meee to prioritise islam more in my life I struggle I can’t lie.
Yeah always remember Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala almighty, all loving and all merciful you have a bright future and career ahead of yourself I like you thought to myself even at my age I am in the position to get to know someone so that I can relate but no I have a degree to complete first and I need to just stick to my Imaan remembering Allah and that in no time In’Sha’Allah there will be someone for me .
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago

I think most young ppl r like that, even I am. but don't fall for it. ik its not easy. its a battle every day. especially when sin is literally so easy, that u can do it without anyone ever knowing. but fight it, pls. its not easy, nd I can't say it'll get easier. but its not worth it. im 18, nd the ppl ive seen fall into that way of life, truss they're not in a good position rn. its not worth it, as hard as it is. resist the temptation. wallah Allah will reward u. someone once told me, if u try, do u think Allah will be stingy in rewarding u?
Mr. Petrol Head
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As a Muslim, I wouldn't date or be even in a relationship. Things could escalate into Haram stuff real quick. You are 16, still have a lot of things in life which you should prioritize more. If you like someone, it's best advised to get married. The rest is up to you to decide, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads