Applying to Oxford without A* predicted in chosen subject

Watch this thread
small daisy
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking to apply to history and politics and will probably be predicted A* in English lit, A in history and A in physics. At GCSE I got an 8 in history. Should I still bother applying?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Well, you have nothing to lose? You have the minimum A level grades and you can show aptitude via a high HAT score if you think that's achievable.
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by small daisy)
I'm looking to apply to history and politics and will probably be predicted A* in English lit, A in history and A in physics. At GCSE I got an 8 in history. Should I still bother applying?
Yes its always worth applying. You get 5 choices in Ucas, and your history grade in GCSE is where it needs to be for Oxford. Oxford looks for 7's and above (medicine I think its different). Its not going to harm applying there. Just make sure you choose unis with a range of entrance grades and not all ones with A*'s
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If they needed an A*, they would say so.
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by small daisy)
While the entry requirements serve as motivation for students applying there as well as a benchmark, they have accepted a lot of students that fell slightly below that mark. An A as opposed to an A* is not bad. Apply. You never know what could happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads