Please help, Terrified of handing in notice to my boss

Watch this thread
InsomniacGD
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
On Friday I will be officially handing in my 2 week notice to my boss stating that I will be leaving.

I work as an assistant to a chef and he’s repeatedly threatened and said that if I quit he would “beat the **** out of me”. Now I know I shouldn’t take this too seriously as he has to stay professional surely. However having worked with him for a few months now, he’s is repeatedly very angry, short tempered and occasionally abusive to other members of staff.

I’m scared as he has no idea I plan to leave as of yet, I don’t know how he’ll react.

Please, I need advice to not only stay professional but get it done
small daisy
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Does your contract state that you have to give two week notice? If your genuinely scared, try to contact a manager by email or phone and tell them about the situation and how you don't feel safe at work.
InsomniacGD
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My contract states 2 weeks notice. I’m trying to get the attention of my “big boss” general manager and talk through with him first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads