University choices

Watch this thread
Natasha_jones05
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in year 13 and have been thinking about the future; I want to be an actress in Film and TV and have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to go to university unless it is specifically a Conservatoire. However the chance of getting in can be slim and most are expensive to live in. My parents support me but I think they want me to think “realistically”. But realistically for them is very different from realistically for me. I really need help on how to approach this?
Theking997
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Natasha_jones05)
I am in year 13 and have been thinking about the future; I want to be an actress in Film and TV and have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to go to university unless it is specifically a Conservatoire. However the chance of getting in can be slim and most are expensive to live in. My parents support me but I think they want me to think “realistically”. But realistically for them is very different from realistically for me. I really need help on how to approach this?
What is realistic for you? The Hollywood dream? Nothing wrong with chasing your dream, but remember to have backup plans, and consider reality. Everyone has dreams, no-one dreams of a 9-5 job until they are old enough to retire, but reality is a very funny thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads