IGCSE vs GCSE

Watch this thread
Itx_WeniWeniWenz
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m in a situation where I might have to do IGCSE in English and Math but what is the difference between the two as in IGCSE and GCSE? So far research or sources say that their grading systems are the same but what are their advantages and disadvantages based on which ever one certification you took which one would be more open to sixth form?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itx_WeniWeniWenz)
Hi, I’m in a situation where I might have to do IGCSE in English and Math but what is the difference between the two as in IGCSE and GCSE? So far research or sources say that their grading systems are the same but what are their advantages and disadvantages based on which ever one certification you took which one would be more open to sixth form?
State schools don't do iGCSEs; why are you having to take them? English iGCSE is considered a bit easier than GCSE but Maths iGCSE has addditional content.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sixth forms accept both GCSEs and IGCSEs - both are equally valid, so don't worry about that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (129)
40.06%
They're exactly what I expected (79)
24.53%