asking my friend on a date

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So at Uni, I used to have this friendship group which got split apart a couple of months ago after two of them had a falling out and the other moved away. My friend has always said that me and this girl in our group would make a great couple. I never really considered it until the last month. I’ve been messaging her the last three days and we actually have a lot of common interests. I would like to ask her out. We’re not close and in fact beforehand, we only spoke about topics the other people in the group were interested in so I didn’t know all that much about her. I was thinking of saying this as worried about making it awkward:

“Hey, hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us but I’d like to get to know you more and was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?”

What do you guys think? Should I go for it? Make any changes? Be cautious of anything? Not do it at all???
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So at Uni, I used to have this friendship group which got split apart a couple of months ago after two of them had a falling out and the other moved away. My friend has always said that me and this girl in our group would make a great couple. I never really considered it until the last month. I’ve been messaging her the last three days and we actually have a lot of common interests. I would like to ask her out. We’re not close and in fact beforehand, we only spoke about topics the other people in the group were interested in so I didn’t know all that much about her. I was thinking of saying this as worried about making it awkward:

“Hey, hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us but I’d like to get to know you more and was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?”

What do you guys think? Should I go for it? Make any changes? Be cautious of anything? Not do it at all???
You could ask her out if you think she is giving the impression she likes you back. If not you could wait a bit and develop a proper friendship with her first
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I would avoid leading with something negative. Better to say I’d like to get to know you better. I would also try a bit of flirting and perhaps an ambiguous date request to assess where things stand. Good luck
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Zarek)
I would avoid leading with something negative. Better to say I’d like to get to know you better. I would also try a bit of flirting and perhaps an ambiguous date request to assess where things stand. Good luck
How do you mean ambiguous bro? Could you maybe quote what I should say because I like what you’re saying? I just don’t wanna get wrong idea
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you mean ambiguous bro? Could you maybe quote what I should say because I like what you’re saying? I just don’t wanna get wrong idea
Coffee or lunch is ambiguous, evening invitation is a clear date. Unless you invite her to something in the evening with other people which is ambiguous but also a way to try to get closer if you’re not sure where you stand
Last edited by Zarek; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads