online a levels or home learned?

Watch this thread
gxllenfilm
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
asking this as ive seen too much conflicting information online- i'm gonna begin studying a levels this september, but idk if i should do it with a company like cloudlearn, ics learn, ect, or just get the official books and a private tutor.

theres 2 factors im thinking about, mainly which will be cheaper and what is more actually worth my money. ive heard the online providers sometimes aren't worth the cost, and the content is bad, but im also worried books and tutor may not be enough (but im not sure as ive never had a tutor before). if anyone could offer any input i'd appreciate it.
Nekostudy.3
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gxllenfilm)
asking this as ive seen too much conflicting information online- i'm gonna begin studying a levels this september, but idk if i should do it with a company like cloudlearn, ics learn, ect, or just get the official books and a private tutor.

theres 2 factors im thinking about, mainly which will be cheaper and what is more actually worth my money. ive heard the online providers sometimes aren't worth the cost, and the content is bad, but im also worried books and tutor may not be enough (but im not sure as ive never had a tutor before). if anyone could offer any input i'd appreciate it.
Definitely buy the textbooks (you can often get second hand ones for a good price) because this ensures you will cover all the specification points. Whether you get a tutor depends on your learning style, but it could be a good idea to perhaps do an online course, and have lessons with a tutor for anything you are particularly struggling with. If combining these things isn't an option, then maybe make a list of pros and cons (specifically based on how you learn). Of course reading reviews of online courses and tutors helps as well.
You could also research good ways of self-learning and experiment with what works best for you.

Hope that helps a bit!
gxllenfilm
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nekostudy.3)
Definitely buy the textbooks (you can often get second hand ones for a good price) because this ensures you will cover all the specification points. Whether you get a tutor depends on your learning style, but it could be a good idea to perhaps do an online course, and have lessons with a tutor for anything you are particularly struggling with. If combining these things isn't an option, then maybe make a list of pros and cons (specifically based on how you learn). Of course reading reviews of online courses and tutors helps as well.
You could also research good ways of self-learning and experiment with what works best for you.

Hope that helps a bit!
thank you for the reply : D honestly i looked at it a bit more and talked to some people and im just gonna go for the books and a private tutor when i need it- i found quite a few good ones and it seems it'll suit me just fine!
Nekostudy.3
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gxllenfilm)
thank you for the reply : D honestly i looked at it a bit more and talked to some people and im just gonna go for the books and a private tutor when i need it- i found quite a few good ones and it seems it'll suit me just fine!
Glad to hear it, good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (46)
70.77%
In the post (2)
3.08%
Text (9)
13.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
12.31%

Watched Threads