COVID during exams

Watch this thread
The 24th J
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As the title says I, unfortunately, had COVID during my A-level exams and missed some papers. I was told my grade will be given based on already completed components but I recently found out online that a girl got an extension and is doing her exams at a later date. I would rather do the missed exams. How would I go about this?
Officially, the government guidelines say a grade will be determined from already completed components so I don't know how she managed an extension.
Last edited by The 24th J; 1 month ago
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The 24th J)
As the title says I, unfortunately, had COVID during my A-level exams and missed some papers. I was told my grade will be given based on already completed components but I recently found out online that a girl got an extension and is doing her exams at a later date. I would rather do the missed exams. How would I go about this?
Officially, the government guidelines say a grade will be determined from already completed components so I don't know how she managed an extension.
Hi there.

Sandtrooper or Muttley79 may be able to help.

Best wishes.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've never heard of 'an extension' and I am not sure this is correct. The same papers aren't used at later dates ever

The scores on the papers you did do will be compared to others who did that paper and you will get an estimated grade; assumimg you did enough papers for each subject
The 24th J
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
I've never heard of 'an extension' and I am not sure this is correct. The same papers aren't used at later dates ever

The scores on the papers you did do will be compared to others who did that paper and you will get an estimated grade; assumimg you did enough papers for each subject
I contacted the girl and she says it is because she is in Northern Ireland, not England which makes more sense.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I contacted the girl and she says it is because she is in Northern Ireland, not England which makes more sense.
It still won't happen if this is a formal external exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (67)
69.79%
In the post (3)
3.13%
Text (13)
13.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.54%

Watched Threads